Pricewatch!

x-com 2 was fun - esp with the expansion which was (imho) quite good. I haven't played the other two so i can't contrast them also they are very different kind of games. I tend to view deus ex and prey as basically fps with advance play options while xcom 2 is pure strategy (tbs).

Between X-Com 2, Deus Ex MK, and Prey, I'm leaning in Prey's direction.

Yeah, War of the chosen looks like a really well done DLC. Still, I'm surprised at its minor 25% discount.

PSA: Greenmangaming.com has pretty much the same prices but you can use code 'GMGBLACKFRIDAY' for an extra 15% off.

ember totally sucks. Worse game (I played) of the centurary. Your opinion of games have to be dirt bottom to like this trash. Mind you the first hour starts really good. Then you begin to realize just how primitive and simplistic the game is (not to mention the worthless story) and realize it is total trash. Ok i take that back it is wonderful for a 5 year old.

I played for 12 hours. On the hardest difficulty it is pretty fun. You have to craft items to help you on that difficulty, and combat has some neat tricks. The game is generally well-written too, with a nice little storybook feel, a few charming little quests and in-game lore to read. Not an Earth-shattering RPG but 12 hours of fun for $2 seems pretty reasonable to me. :) And considering it retails for $9.99, well, that's a bargain for it IMO. I was interested to play more but burnt out on gaming as a whole at the time.

It's also got 77% Positive reviews on Steam (Mostly Positive.) All us damn 5 year olds are inflating the scores I guess. :D

I have yet to try it. I never played it but I only heard/read good things about it here :)

When I played it a couple years ago I had to issues with crashes on that game though. Even though this game is quite modern, it might have problems to run on some of the recent machines.

I got Prey, Deus Ex MK, and Dishonored 2 Death of the Outsider. Not that they are all part of the same genre or anything. ;)

I'm a tad worried about Prey - it could still get a DLC or expansion.

So there are a selection of people who like silly games. good for them. You've expressed your opinion. I've expressed mine. I stand by my evaluation of the game. You obviously stand by yours. this is by the way one reason I tend to discount your evaluation of games. You are not happy with stating your opinion and moving on. You feel it is important to make sure that your opinion is the correct opinion. It will be interesting to see what carnifex thinks of the game once he has played it.
-

I played for 12 hours. On the hardest difficulty it is pretty fun. You have to craft items to help you on that difficulty, and combat has some neat tricks. The game is generally well-written too, with a nice little storybook feel, a few charming little quests and in-game lore to read. Not an Earth-shattering RPG but 12 hours of fun for $2 seems pretty reasonable to me. :) And considering it retails for $9.99, well, that's a bargain for it IMO. I was interested to play more but burnt out on gaming as a whole at the time.

It's also got 77% Positive reviews on Steam (Mostly Positive.) All us damn 5 year olds are inflating the scores I guess. :D

Yea - received an email on this one. Some kind of tower defense/FPS hybrid. never played it myself but hey why not add it to the backlog.

Btw fanatical will be running flash sales (one per hour) starting at 5PM EST. they had eveil within 2 for $26 as their star deal (I think it ends in 20 hours). I presume the flash sales will be some decent games with a few dollars below steam sales but only time will tell.
-
They are one of the reliable sites. Also if you live some place funky like russia or north korea be sure to check the region restrictions on the games (the games will show region restrictions if the keys are restricted).

Sanctum 2, whatever it is, is free on IGN… erm… Humble store:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sanctum-2

I seriously don't know what is it about, but there it is, if someone wants to try it…

So there are a selection of people who like silly games. good for them. You've expressed your opinion. I've expressed mine. I stand by my evaluation of the game. You obviously stand by yours. this is by the way one reason I tend to discount your evaluation of games. You are not happy with stating your opinion and moving on. You feel it is important to make sure that your opinion is the correct opinion. It will be interesting to see what carnifex thinks of the game once he has played it.
-

How many times are you going to quote my opinion when I give it in a thread and post this copy-pasted thing you keep in a text document?

I am perfectly happy to state my opinion and move on (as I just did) until you decide to quote me for no apparent reason and spout the same nonsense time and time again.

Grow up.

I’d get prey and mankind divided at those prices. Xcom 2 I am indecisive about. Hate timed strategy missions.
TURN limit, not time limit. You never have to rush-think anything in the game.

If you like, you can mod out the limit easily but then the best strategy will always be to have all but one soldier on overwatch then move your last soldier forward just a few squares. (I bet it's possible to find a middle ground, too, where the turn limit is doubled or some such. You would have to check the Steam Workshop.)

TURN limit, not time limit. You never have to rush-think anything in the game.

If you like, you can mod out the limit easily but then the best strategy will always be to have all but one soldier on overwatch then move your last soldier forward just a few squares. (I bet it's possible to find a middle ground, too, where the turn limit is doubled or some such. You would have to check the Steam Workshop.)

Turn-limits = good. :)

I like when RPGs use movement turns to dictate time. Lords of Xulima did the same thing. When you moved on the world map, time moved, you consumed food, etc.. But if you stood still, you had unlimited time.

Was Fallout 1 similar, or was that an actual time limit?

To be honest while I really liked the game I did not find it horribly challenging for the most part. I never really had a problem with the turn limit 'though i did have one of my wounded soldiers end up captive but that is another story. The biggest problem was balance between the classes (esp the specialize faction classes which are kind of under-powered); but for me it was fun. I still prefer the king bounty games for mindless dwibble. Anyway there are tons of games on sale this week -
prey is $20
tales of Berseria is $19.24
Last day of June is $10
neptune vs sega hardgirls is $12 (i'm not buying this one but maybe joxer?)
The evil within is $5
The evil within 2 is $26
Wolfenstein 2 is $30 (i think i'll wait for the dlcs on this one to see how it plays out).
-
Personally I am thinking about prey and maybe tales of bersia but not sure on either - maybe i'll go to the park and give up on games.

Yeah turn limits turn me off. Nice to know it’s modifiable though!

Do you have PS4? Well I don't.

If you have the mushroomstation, did you buy Horizon Zero Dawn and Final Fantasy 15 already? Both are discounted on amazon.com and each you can grab for $20 (digital code):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GW3PJJK?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-Digital-Code/dp/B01N962MQG/?th=1

That's US deal. Forget amazon.co.uk, amazon.de or whatever other, no deals there, okay?

Note: FF15 is coming to PC next year if you want to wait for that, HZD probably never.

neptune vs sega hardgirls is $12 (i'm not buying this one but maybe joxer?)

Personally I am thinking about prey and maybe tales of bersia but not sure on either - maybe i'll go to the park and give up on games.
There is no way I'd ever buy any more Neptunia bullshit ports. Even if were free I wouldn't add them to my steam library.
Skip Prey. Buy Berseria. Now please.

Last edited:
I take it that you enjoyed Berseria? Did it play well with kb/m?

Do you have PS4? Well I don't.

There is no way I'd ever buy any more Neptunia bullshit ports. Even if were free I wouldn't add them to my steam library.
Skip Prey. Buy Berseria. Now please.

I take it that you enjoyed Berseria? Did it play well with kb/m?
It has some problems.
Do not remap keys - it does exist as an option but some changes can and will break menu behavior.
I wrote more on lousy decisions when it comes to K+M in Berseria:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061461302&postcount=16

Remember though that I finished the game with K+M.
Irritating moments where controls suck because of lazy port sure were happening, I wish they made it better, but that won't prevent you from finishing the game.

Back
Top Bottom