Pricewatch!

No clue. Ask them.

I don't really care - as I have the game.

But if people are curious about NMS - I think it would be preferable to have the Steam refund option. 2 hours should be plenty of time to guage the kind of game it is, for most people.

I know that some of you don't want to use the Twitch client, but for those of you who couldn't care less about an additional game client here is the free games list for August (starting on August 1st):

• Jotun: Valhalla Edition
  • Death Squared
  • Antihero
  • Wizardry 6, Wizardry 7 und Wizardry 8
  • Steamworld Dig

Remember, Twitch Prime is free for everyone who already has Amazon Prime. All you have to do is to connect your Amazon account to your Twitch account.

apathologic is like to bucks on gog, I just bought it even thiugh i have a torrnt version. it awlqys captivated me but now i can hopefully play it widescreen and hd. btw, have you guys seen the trailer for the sequel? Is this the most bizarre, off the wall, offbeat game ever?

https://youtu.be/qekTbTpUsFs

Free games with Twitch Prime in August

- Death Squared
- Steam World Dig
- Antihero
- Jotun: Valhalla Edition
- Wizardry Collection (6-8)

I thought it was a lot of fun but I like shooters. Sadly once I finished it I thought it was boring to replay so never replayed it. No clue if you will like it…. I did like it more than doom 3 and thought it was almost as good as the new wolfenstein (the 2 that came out before wolfenstien 2); but that might not be saying much.

So DOOM 2016 is $10 on GMG. Is this game worth the time?

I like the other DOOMs, so probably worth it?

I'd say yes.

I was ultimately a little disappointed, but it's not a bad game. The reason I was disappointed is because the combat plays out more like an arena shooter.

What I mean is, each level is a series of battles, and most of them are fairly predictable. You can usually tell when you're about to be ambushed, and enemies will keep warping in from nowhere until they run out. Then you'll continue to explore the level until the same thing repeats itself. I hope the enemy placement is a lot more organic in the sequel.

The visuals, level design, and atmosphere are all pretty good though. It even has a serviceable plot to go along with it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it to the end due to my save files getting corrupted about 3/4 through.

@jd;r
That's totally DOOM, though. Triggers that spawn monsters behind you in a burst of green light. Pick up a key and you know some walls lowered or monsters spawned in.

I really liked the new DOOM. Chuck it on nightmare and you're in for a serious challenge.

The old DOOMs had ambushes of course, but they also had tons of monsters placed around the levels. You were almost constantly fighting as you explored.

In the new DOOM, the battles feel more like set pieces that are spread out with nothing in between them.

Back
Top Bottom