Grimoire - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
After loads of missed launch dates, today is a date where the game is launched. Grimoire is available on Steam with a 10% discount, which still makes it an expensive game.

The game is live on the Steam Store now. Time to rest for a couple of minutes before going to work on my next game. I'm going to take a 30 minute break, get a Whopper and come back. I am thinking of some kind of Japanese romancing sim that takes place in a boarding school with girls who are disfigured but have great inner beauty. I actually wanted to start on that game in 1994 but I got sidetracked onto this Grimwhatchamacallit thingy.
More information.

Time to eat your words. :D

Why? Because he released it? I don't see that as a reason to take back anything I've ever said about it.

which still makes it an expensive game.

The butthurt is glorious haha.

So luji, how is it? You must own it by now?

Hopefully the only people paying $35.99 for Grimoire are the people that deserve to be paying $35.99 for Grimoire.

From the reviews and forums it is worse than buggy from hell. The level of 'poor-ness' is amazing. Naturally this is second hand as I dare not contaminate my life with that virus.

Good luck for the suckers who actually plunked down cash.

Btw bit confused thought some folks had played a beta so it must have run on some sort of system maybe ?

Fake news? :)

Quite shocking to see Grimoire on Steam new releases page, hahah

Time to eat your words. :D

That is an odd statement....it only took 20 years and a ton of blah to release a 30 year old game.

Calling my parents to dig out my 1984 C-64 2400 baud modem.

That is an odd statement….it only took 20 years and a ton of blah to release a 30 year old game.

Calling my parents to dig out my 1984 C-64 2400 baud modem.

A C64 could handle this pretty easily. It would come on 10 floppies but luj1 admitted that's all he has nowadays ;) We can get some from him.

From the reviews and forums it is worse than buggy from hell. The level of 'poor-ness' is amazing. Naturally this is second hand as I dare not contaminate my life with that virus.

Good luck for the suckers who actually plunked down cash.

Btw bit confused thought some folks had played a beta so it must have run on some sort of system maybe ?

I haven't tried it yet, but at least some of the bugs seem to be Windows 10 related. He only tested it on W10 recently I think? Folk on the Steam forum are advising running it in compatibility mode as Windows 8. I guess the superdemo would have been Windows 7 or 8.

Personally I hope it's a good game. Looks like I might enjoy it…. possibly.. But I'm going to see how this pans out first with the bugs and see some watcher reviews (I assume some folk here will be on it like a shot!)

A C64 could handle this pretty easily. It would come on 10 floppies but luj1 admitted that's all he has nowadays ;) We can get some from him.

I think there is a case of 5-1/4"s with it..not sure id I kept them.

I'm waiting for the torrent.

Personally I hope it's a good game. Looks like I might enjoy it…. possibly.. But I'm going to see how this pans out first with the bugs and see some watcher reviews (I assume some folk here will be on it like a shot!)

This is my exact same mind frame concerning Grimoire.

Hopefully the only people paying $35.99 for Grimoire are the people that deserve to be paying $35.99 for Grimoire.
Sorry, what?

I mean that I hope it's only people that know what their dealing with that have spent $35 on this - either Cleve's thralls, or curious people with a strong sense of irony and money to burn. I hope unsuspecting and unwary gamers don't get taken for every penny by this broken crap that wouldn't pass muster as a $5 Android game.

I have a feeling this is just a "superdemo".

I don't know the story behind this one but observing the comments it's apparent there's some drama. All I can say by looking at the STEAM video is it looks like something I'd enjoy, but only at the rate of $10

This is what the revamp to Steam reviews [Overall / Recent] was made for; the sheer number of Codex lapdogs upvoting it after 30 minutes of 'play' is embarassing.

As for myself, even if I had no qualms about spending $36 on a thirty year old game, I still wouldn't dive into something that prides itself on being 600 hours long. I've got better things to do with my life than to pixel hunt for the next 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom