What games are you playing now?

Just updating my on going experience with splinter cell series. Don't have much time for a proper analys now, but Chaos theory is maybe the best stealth game I've played or atleast top 3.

Splinter Cell 3.5/5
SC: pandora tomorrow: 3/5
SC: chaos theory 4/5

I'm sure i'm going to buy double agent some day, not now though. Now i'm replaying gothic 3.

And that final grapple jump backwards onto that pillar, ugh... I (used to) consider myself fairly adept at maneuvering Lara around, but sheees I must have tried this 15 times last night before I had to give up and go to bed! I jump, grapple, wall-walk, and she jumps FORWARD every time! ArgH!

Maybe I was just tired, I'm going to get it down tonight
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was stuck on that particular jump for quite a while myself. Finally I made it and from that point on it was smooth sailing once again ... until I reached where I'm stuck now: The final ascent up the long square shaft in the final location where not only are you required to do a series of jumps and wall walks but you're also on a timer and have to do them fairly quickly or the wall fixtures and/or horizontal bars detract making you plummet to your death. On top of that; every time you have to do it over again you first have to fight 2 baddies while not getting knocked off the small platform you're standing on ... argh, I just HATE timed sequences of any kind. :shakefist:

@Alrik: the adventure, or is there another Hand of Fate? Just reading these three words made me itch to reinstall it :).

The adventure. :)

Lovely, still. :)

finally got past the Damacoles section of Greece. That grapple jump was hard, and it took me prolly another 5 times til I got it, but once I did it all was clear. You need to be looking at lara from the opposite angle then she's traveling, that really helps. Then pull right (d key) and jump... viola.

The coliseum was fun, I'm getting the hang of this "adrenalin dodge" thing. The game does tend to get tiring tho. It's a lot of falling or jumping down then running back around the same areas and repeating over and over again. That's Tomb Raider for ya in a nutshell, unless I guess if youre really a master and can get it all right the first time thru the gambit! Then again, they could make it too easy like in Legend, where I hardly ever really doubted where or what I was suposed to do, there might as well have been neon arrows pointing to each objective a majority of the time. I dont like how they tend to throw creatures at you suddenly, and in a very small enclosed space like a hallway where there's no room to evade them.

At the end of Greece now in the Tomb of Teohitchan (or however it's spelled!) I think this was the Cistern in the original, i dunno it's been quite a while. I quit playing for today, going to roll up a new D&D character for a game starting next saturday. Playing a Monk this time around, been wanting to try one of them for a while.

its extremely rare but i'm playing through a game that i just finished -- bioshock. what's even more rare though is this gem of a game. its truly THE greatest work of art in any form so far in the new century/millenium. on a minor note i am somehow able to play the game with maxed out graphics and no lag (though i turned off bloom since i loathe it). the first playthrough i was satisfied at 1280 x 960.

@JemyM- i'm think of jupming on JDR13's bandwagon as up until now you reviews scores while inflated seemed to just match a hightened level of enthusiam for 'entertaining' games which could be adjusted accordingly. but gothic 3 a 6? that's ridiculous.

Short interlude - Question: Wouldn't this thread fit more into the "General Non-RPG" forum (which wasn't there when this thread was created)? If the mods agree, could someone move it over there? Thanks. :)

Short interlude - Question: Wouldn't this thread fit more into the "General Non-RPG" forum (which wasn't there when this thread was created)? If the mods agree, could someone move it over there? Thanks. :)

No not really. We're talking about all games that people are playing at the moment. Some are crpg's, some aren't.

No not really. We're talking about all games that people are playing at the moment. Some are crpg's, some aren't.

Yes, games, which is why I think it should go to one of the games forums. Off-topic is more for RL stuff and anything but games, IMO.

It wouldn't quite fit into the General RPG forum, nor the General Non-RPG forum... and OT is a home for threads that don't fit anywhere else.
We might split this thread, of course ^_^.

At the end of Greece now in the Tomb of Teohitchan (or however it's spelled!)

Funny. Greece witzh a tomb that has the name of an ancient mexican town : Teotihuacán.

Im still playing Final Fantasy XII and im not going to be done anytime soon. This game is absolutely enormous, larger than some MMORPG's. I am deeply annoyed about a specific feature though... since you do not control your own characters but script them in a "IF X THEN Y" system it's kinda difficult to use the right magic on the right opponent unless you have the "Foe: Weak-**" command (Fire/Ice/Wind etc). Now all commands are not given to you right away but becomes available over time. The weak commands can be bought very late in the game UNLESS you loot the command which can be done if you know where. Only knowing where you loot them is not enough however, there's a roughly 15-20% chance to get the right loot whenever you open a chest and if it isnt you can respawn the chest by running 3 maps away and then return. To get weak-cold I spent about 2-3 hours running back and forth. :[ At least I gained several levels and a great amount of gold doing that but comeon, all that work for the command to use magic.

I'm still playing D&D:Tactics... but I only play it at night in bed before I go to sleep. I've added Gothic 3 and Bioshock to my current play list. That's the most games I have ever been playing at one time.

I usually like to be playing 1 RPG and 1 shooter, but I've added in Tactics.

I'm loving Gothic 3 with the latest patch and fan patches. I haven't found any real problems so far and it runs great on my machine with details maxed. I like the open ended game play and the "no hand-holding" approach... though the melee combat leaves a bit to be desired (it may get better as I increase in skill I suppose).

I'm also really enjoying Bioshock. Is it the best thing since sliced bread like every reviewer would have you believe... No... but it is very atmospheric and fun. I had one very interesting experience with an enemy. I lit him on fire and instead of running around until he died (like most of them do) he ran right to a pool of water and laid down in it, extinguishing the fire. He then got up and attacked me again. Some truly intelligent (somewhat) behavior was quite interesting.

So... playing some really fun ones right now.

I had one very interesting experience with an enemy. I lit him on fire and instead of running around until he died (like most of them do) he ran right to a pool of water and laid down in it, extinguishing the fire. He then got up and attacked me again.
Ah, but this is where plasmid/weapon combinations really start to kick in. Try setting an enemy on fire then wait until he/she jumps into the water to douse the flames and THEN use your electric bolt on the water while he/she is drenched and knee deep in the pool. Zap! :mwahaha:

Im still playing Final Fantasy XII and im not going to be done anytime soon.

I have heard that if you don't have a good sense of direction you can end up with loads of inadvertent grinding to the point of making the end battle too easy ...

I finally started playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for the first time (I did install that "true" patch). It's almost as fun as Gothic!

Vampire: Bloodlines was a very good game; not as good as Gothic IMO, but not a bad game at all. I've played through it once, but it's definitely on my list of games to play through again. I'd like to try it again with that extensive fanpatch that's been put together. Vampire: Redemption is a totally different, isometric style game. But that's another one that's overlooked that was pretty good, IMO.

I have heard that if you don't have a good sense of direction you can end up with loads of inadvertent grinding to the point of making the end battle too easy ...

Unfortunately you just described more than half the games in the FF series.

Unfortunately you just described more than half the games in the FF series.

Yeah, but when you have a fan of the series complaining about it you know it is extra bad here ;)

...makes me wonder is FF12 is taking somewhat of an Oblivion-like fall from grace ?

Still working my way through various demos. Checked out PuzzleQuest last night--pretty fun, and despite reminding me of mini-games manages to be silly but interesting at the same time. Glad to hear they plan on a PC release eventually.

Back
Top Bottom