Fallout 4 - Thanks and Updates

I see a lot of people oiled their anuses and said "Todd please will you?" in this topic.

Haha yup. I stopped buying their stuff long ago, sometime around Oblivion when their first console-whoring tendencies emerged.

Every subsequent Bethsoft game continues to be a streamlined, bland , technicaly inferior console port. The only thing they are doing ,really, is 1) capitalising off what used to be respectable IPs back in the day, 2) marketing cheap tricks to their fanbase which has very low standards, 3) and whoring with gaming sites and the console industry.

But please, by all means, continue to lower your expectations with each new TES/FO sequel and fap to Dovakhiin superficial garbage

But please, by all means, continue to lower your expectations with each new TES/FO sequel and fap to Dovakhiin superficial garbage
This thread turned pretty vulgar. I get that people don't enjoy these kinda games but the hate seems bizarre. It is just a game and for us who love open world, make your own character, adventure freely- sorta games there isn't much alternatives.

Now my life is complete, Todd lickers have put me on ignore. They said "lalala" and went back to licking his pictures.

Archangel is akin to a strikebreaker. There you are trying to formulate a sensible and tactical peaceful propaganda war with your opponent, then Archangel walks in and starts punching babies and motivating people to throw bricks through restaurant windows...

Archangel is akin to a strikebreaker. There you are trying to formulate a sensible and tactical peaceful propaganda war with your opponent, then Archangel walks in and starts punching babies and motivating people to throw bricks through restaurant windows…
Lol.
The truth is I played my pirated Fo4 for 1 more hour and just got reminded how bad the game is and got pissed because of it. Then I come here and see fanboys butt licking Todd ass in multiple topics. The Kotaku one blew my lid so yea I go on a rampage :D (although I went to Kotaku like 5 times in my whole life only when following links)

Hopefully Hard West patch for my bought GoG version comes soon so I can continue playing that.

Have this thread got hijacked by Codex or Steam trolls who don't have the game but *know* every single bit about that very game?

I'm not saying I don't do the same thing when it comes to games on consoles and phones, but there I don't hate the game I never bought because of it's developer/publisher but because of inferior hardware where no game can shine being restricted by the platform.
I also do the same thing with Bioshock 3, I'd never ever buy such story where a goddess needs penis to be saved garbage even if it's the best action and explosions(Michael Bay movie?).

Oh wait, I actually wrote why I spit on some games.
How about codex trolls describe what exactly they don't like in FO4 instead of vague low quality or whatnot.
Sorry for crushing the party.

Haha yup. I stopped buying their stuff long ago, sometime around Oblivion when their first console-whoring tendencies emerged.

Your loss. While I agree that Oblivion (without mods) is close to total garbage, the games Bethesda have released since have been a significant improvement.

F4 gets better as you progress. I was pretty unimpressed for the first 10 hours or so. The story gets alot better and interesting after you get to Diamond City. The settlement crafting I pretty much ignore besides the initial few quests as I just can't get myself to craft a bunch of stuff. Fighting is much better this time around. A simple change like slo-mo in VATS works wonders for immersion and non-VATS shooting is much better also. I feel strong but not overpowered, I still die regularly. The quest dialog mod worked wonders also for making the UI better. Then just mod up the graphics per your preference. I now like it but its still below W3 for me (I love a strong story) but #2 for the year for sure.

Cool crafting and housing simulator?

UI? Garbage

Textures outdated like Skyrim but who cares about graphics

There are a several memorable quests. Like the gangster ghouls or the spaceship crashing and following the alien... rest is a pretty generic grind fest reminiscent of many a MMO

Your loss. While I agree that Oblivion (without mods) is close to total garbage, the games Bethesda have released since have been a significant improvement.

FO3 NV was fairly memorable and so was Skyrim with 219327189 mods. However that doesnt change the fact this is a company which wrote their latest games in code from 1997 , optimizes it for consoles, then ports it to PCs (badly), and finally releases buggy messes that arent worth playing without community content like mods. So its always a good toolset release + buggy console port, and let the fanbase to the rest. I maybe stopped buying their stuff, but I will give it a chance once enough time has passed (official patches, unofficial patches, mods)... Only then it is worth my time

Not to speak about butchering and parasiting off what used to be respectable franchises. Im not afraid to try new things , but its really a shadow of the kind of games we had in the golden era

Cool crafting and housing simulator?

UI? Garbage

Textures outdated like Skyrim but who cares about graphics

There are a several memorable quests. Like the gangster ghouls or the spaceship crashing and following the alien… rest is a pretty generic grind fest reminiscent of many a MMO

Crafting is superb.
Housing is not superb - Sims is better.
Then again, there is no "buldoze terrain" option here so it's impossible to build something from scratch with removing all possible obstacles. Some stuff is not obtainable through shops or construction (Spectacle Island ship power generator), some comes from silly source (birds decoration for example) and some is not covered by tips/hints (Bunker Hill unlocks saravan spots for example but you don't know that unless you constantly check if something changed in settlement options).
Etc plus a few bugs… We have a thread about that, so I'll stop here.

UI is absolutely an insult to any PC player. It's not even on acceptable level and whoever says that is playing on PC and that UI is great - is a liar. First thing I started the game was googling for FalUI (like SkyUI) but so far there is none, hopefully soon will be as I don't expect Bethesda to change it themselves. But while UI is rubbish, does that mean the rest of the game automatically sucks? I mean, it doesn't poke your eye with horrible joystick advertisments like Neptunia.

Textures are completely compatible with traditional Fallout retro style. Fallout game is not supposed to be hyperrealistic and whoever wants shiny graphics should go play games that are about graphics only and nothing else. I suggest you to buy Order 1886.
The only problem I have with graphics in the game is - hair. It's, again, not good. Nothing new though and nothing everyone else doesn't do (except CDpr and SquareEnix).

Gangster ghoul is a quest you receive only if you push the main story. It's absolute rubbish compared to all other candies you can do without main quest progress. Even the reward is retarded (some .44 revolver or something I instantly scrapped). Memorable my arse. What's memorable is what I hinted in another thread, the file under detective's bed. And it's not even a quest.
Never seen anything crashing nor aliens. And I'm 200 hours in the game. Stalling the main quest.
I guess you didn't play the game except rushing the main quest and then formed opinion around it. Go explore already.

Not to speak about butchering and parasiting off what used to be respectable franchises. Im not afraid to try new things , but its really a shadow of the kind of games we had in the golden era
I honestly dunno what world you're living in.
Compared to a decade of overhyped, overpriced and overrated utter garbage released which includes some previous Bethesda's titles, FO4 is a rare example how a proper game should feel. It's not the game to rule them all, sure, but to call this one a shadow is irrational.
FO4 is not the only example how a game should look, of course.
Dunno what exactly you wanted to see, so how about naming a recent game that, according to you, beats FO4 contentwise (TW3 excluded as it's a category of it's own and not comparable by any means).

Last edited:
Hard to say, since Im not sure i gave it enough of a chance.

Of bethesdas other games I played Skyrim for an insane amount

/C

Well, I think FO3 is very good out of the box if you're into exploration, but suffers from horrible balance and crappy writing. With the right mods, you can get rid of some of the balance issues.

I'd say FO3 is comparable to Skyrim in terms of flow and overall design - though the setting is obviously very different, and it's not as refined as Skyrim.

I don't care for NV - but most people around here seem to think it's superior to FO3.

Since it would be much harder to go back to them after FO4, I recommend you give them a proper shot first.

With the added bonus of having tons of mods and patches available - where FO4 could use a few months worth of those before diving in.

F4 gets better as you progress. I was pretty unimpressed for the first 10 hours or so. The story gets alot better and interesting after you get to Diamond City. The settlement crafting I pretty much ignore besides the initial few quests as I just can't get myself to craft a bunch of stuff. Fighting is much better this time around. A simple change like slo-mo in VATS works wonders for immersion and non-VATS shooting is much better also. I feel strong but not overpowered, I still die regularly. The quest dialog mod worked wonders also for making the UI better. Then just mod up the graphics per your preference. I now like it but its still below W3 for me (I love a strong story) but #2 for the year for sure.
I am 30h into the game, I didn't go to Diamond City yet. It is not much better. I am afraid to go to Diamond City because I expect total crap that will make me leave the game while I still want to max out my crafting perks by farming levels going around and doing quests for Minuteman and BoS.
Although I did have that cute Polymer Lab area and I am now in the General Electric murderous robots automated park. They don't replace proper quests, side quests and interesting NPCs but are more interesting than you average raider infested zones that were 90% of all the areas I explored. Also I spend a big part of the 30h playing around with scrap and deciding what upgrades I want to put on my armors/weapons.

Maybe I'm somehow a rare exception as a PC gamer. Players complain about FO3 & 4 and Skyrim being buggy messes on PC. Huh? I played the crap out of FO3, both vanilla and modded, on a 12 year old home built PC. In all honesty, I can't recall experiencing a game-breaking or quest-breaking bug. Yes, I came across some squirrely behavior at times. One common one was the rubber-band, spazz dance on some characters after a kill. Also a couple texture and memory leak occurrences.

I've played a lot of vanilla and modded Skyrim on a stock Dell XPS 8500 desktop PC. Again, few if any real issues. I'm currently about 30+ hour into FO4 and I've yet to come accross anything remotely buggy. Yes, Dogmeat and Valentine get in my way occasionally when I'm in Sneak mode. So what? It's an annoyance, not a game breaker.
The UI could use some work, same with the speech options and Perks layout. But those are cosmetic issues, not playability issues.
To call FO3 & 4 on PC a bug-fest is, in my opinion and experience, a gross exaggeration.

I'm currently about 30+ hour into FO4 and I've yet to come accross anything remotely buggy.

Then I'd say you've been extremely lucky so far. I've experienced quite a few bugs, although I'm still enjoying the game a lot despite them.

Most of them have been connected to the environment. I've had a significant number of instances where either my character or one of my companions have fallen through a wall/floor or got stuck against a rock or some other object and couldn't move from that spot.
I've also had a few crashes as well, but those have been few and far between.

Crafting is superb.
Housing is not superb - Sims is better.
Then again, there is no "buldoze terrain" option here so it's impossible to build something from scratch with removing all possible obstacles. Some stuff is not obtainable through shops or construction (Spectacle Island ship power generator), some comes from silly source (birds decoration for example) and some is not covered by tips/hints (Bunker Hill unlocks saravan spots for example but you don't know that unless you constantly check if something changed in settlement options).
Etc plus a few bugs… We have a thread about that, so I'll stop here.

UI is absolutely an insult to any PC player. It's not even on acceptable level and whoever says that is playing on PC and that UI is great - is a liar. First thing I started the game was googling for FalUI (like SkyUI) but so far there is none, hopefully soon will be as I don't expect Bethesda to change it themselves. But while UI is rubbish, does that mean the rest of the game automatically sucks? I mean, it doesn't poke your eye with horrible joystick advertisments like Neptunia.

Textures are completely compatible with traditional Fallout retro style. Fallout game is not supposed to be hyperrealistic and whoever wants shiny graphics should go play games that are about graphics only and nothing else. I suggest you to buy Order 1886.
The only problem I have with graphics in the game is - hair. It's, again, not good. Nothing new though and nothing everyone else doesn't do (except CDpr and SquareEnix).

Gangster ghoul is a quest you receive only if you push the main story. It's absolute rubbish compared to all other candies you can do without main quest progress. Even the reward is retarded (some .44 revolver or something I instantly scrapped). Memorable my arse. What's memorable is what I hinted in another thread, the file under detective's bed. And it's not even a quest.
Never seen anything crashing nor aliens. And I'm 200 hours in the game. Stalling the main quest.
I guess you didn't play the game except rushing the main quest and then formed opinion around it. Go explore already.

I honestly dunno what world you're living in.
Compared to a decade of overhyped, overpriced and overrated utter garbage released which includes some previous Bethesda's titles, FO4 is a rare example how a proper game should feel. It's not the game to rule them all, sure, but to call this one a shadow is irrational.
FO4 is not the only example how a game should look, of course.
Dunno what exactly you wanted to see, so how about naming a recent game that, according to you, beats FO4 contentwise (TW3 excluded as it's a category of it's own and not comparable by any means).

Its not a rare example.. proper RPG game? in recent times? Wasteland 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Grimrock… FO4 is nice game on its own. Better than 3 but I just prefer the traditional charm so I play isometric Fallout 1 ,2 or Tactics. And I guess FO4's tons better than fkin Skyrim too, the last bethesda game. So I guess your right. Personally I like Crafting the most. MQ is fairly solid

Back
Top Bottom