Jumpgate Evolution - Interview @ HEXUS.gaming

Asbjoern

N'wah
President of NetDevil Scott Brown has been interviewed by HEXUS.gaming. Here's a bit on accessibility:
HEXUS: I understand that you’re focusing heavily on making the game as accessible as possible?
Scott Brown The accessibility of the game was our main focus. If you read the development reviews of all the great games they all have one thing in common and that’s focus testing. We focused tested many things inside the game over and over again.

Focus testing is getting someone who has never played the game before and asking them about their frustrations and points where they get stuck in the game.

For example, we had a girl in focus testing and one of the mission was like, kill so many ships and the girl said “I wish you had what WOW has where it tells you how many guys you have to kill”. But, while she is saying this is actually on the screen. We were like ‘why can’t she see this?’ Well, we looked at it over and over again and realized that this message was only shown for three seconds, whereas World of Warcraft shows the same message eight seconds. So, of course, we changed the length of the message.
More information.

Scott Brown said:
The accessibility of the game was our main focus.

A great thing to have as a main focus. There are a huge range of possibilities but yet they choose accessibility as a main focus. In my view accessibility can only be a secondary goal, if goal at all.

Yeah, why not get someone who has never played ANY games on PC to test it. That would be the pinnacle of accessibility testing, provided that the person could turn on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom