RPGWatch Guild for DDO

Yes, as I posted in another thread (Your Welcome thread) download the game, create a character on the KHYBER server then let us know the chars name and we'll send you an invite. We're always available to offer any and all help, don't hesitate to ask.

How is the game now. I heard there was some bad lag a year ago or so. I have played off and on since 2006 or whenever it was released. I really enjoy parts of DDO a lot. Just wish it was in Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms. Having everything instanced kinda breaks immersion for me.

Some of the dungeons and quests are the best I have ever played in a MMO.

Lag is an intermittent problem, but usually we can handle it. Some parts of the game are set in the FR via Eveningstar. They have added a lot of new content in the last couple of years so give it another try.

I'm gonna hop on today, Corwin. Kybher will be a new server for me. I'll do the VIP sub again if I find myself playing, which I probably will if I have a group of people to play with. I played the Hell out of this game circa 2006-2010. It was the only MMO that ever held my interest because of my love for the (albeit VERY altered) 3.5 D&D ruleset.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I've answered your PM and will send you a Guild invite.

Sent!!

Oops! Corwin should have warned you, lol. He's only allowed on the "first lower deck", as we kept having to send search parties when he'd get lost (it is a rather big ship), & he kept suiciding in the danger room. ;)

FYI, you can pick up nearly all the ship buffs by hitting that funny turtle-like gizmo (also known as the buff bar) on the center of the top deck. Nearly everything you're likely to need will be on the "first lower deck" (aka: the 1st deck). Tavern, mail box, banker, auction houses, hirelings vendors, half price repair guy, ammo vendors, general vendor (sells spell components, among other things), guild vault (chests with fairly nice loot we put in there when we no longer need it for other guildies to use), crafting stations, teleporter & navigator, etc.

One caveat: Any hair dye in the guild chests belongs to CM. It's there for her to grab when she comes on. She has this little "hair dye problem", must change at least once per day per toon … has to get her hair dye fix. :biggrin:

You can also bind to the ship by talking to the spirit binder located in the banquet hall on the 1st deck, and when you die, you'll be resurrected next to the buff bar on the top deck. Just wait a minute or so to hit the buff bar after you die, or at least till you have a minimum of 30 hit points. Otherwise, you'll die all over again. Very, very annoying when that happens.

Anyway, welcome to the guild, and hope to see you in game soon. :)

We have just started a new low level group. Most are at level 4. These are for Friday night runs as a guild. To join the guild you need only post in the New Team Corwin thread saying the toon name and someone will send you a guild invite. We start at 6pm central. We are using Team Speak rather then game chat. Log into game and guild and someone can tell you the details.
Anyone is welcome to join us.

Is it possible to play this game as a wizard if I tend to play alone? Any summons to help with fighting, so that I don't have to run away in circles from enemies while casting spells, like an idiot? :)

I once created a wizard char for DDO but it did pretty poorly in the beginning. But I'd like to give the game another chance and maybe even join this guild.

The answer is yes to both questions, especially if you're willing to use hirelings which are cheap. However, it does become more challenging to solo at high levels and there are some quests which simply cannot be completed fully without help. Joining the Guild is always a good idea!! :)

Hi everyone. I was referred here by Jhianna (aka Crissanna, Bryhana, Aryahnna.. and a bunch more annas.) ;)
Striapach is my main toon, currently a
PDK
Warlock with a hint of Monk, focused on the
Enlightened Spirit tree, using Eldritch Aura Stance with Longsword: CHA>atk & dmg.

I Just started playing again after a year+ break. On and off, I've been playing since Mabar was a server.

Welcome, Striapach, I'll send you an invite to the guild shortly. This is Jhianna.

Any Watch members still play DDO?

I once made a guild on Khyber. I believe it's still active - if probably quite small.

I think I called it Ex Deus.

There is a fairly good sized group of us who still play regularly especially since there has been some excellent new content in the last couple of years. Feel free to join up with us on Khyber.

I do play a little from time to time, but my guild mates would kill me if I played with another guild :)

Haha, not really - but Ex Deus is being run by two of my IRL friends, and they say I'm personally responsible for getting them to play DDO. They started in 2009 when it went F2P and I suggested we'd try it - and now they seem like they're never getting out of that sinkhole.

I'm not proud of that.

But I was curious if you'd ever played together. I found it amusing that you're playing on Khyber - where I made the guild in the first place.

I believe the guild master has a Cleric main called Marhen or something.

AFAIK, they do the raids and stuff regularly.

Some of us regularly team up with people from other guilds. Actually some people from other guilds have created new toons and had them join our guild. All your toons don't need to be in the same guild. Hope we see you in game sometime; we're a fun bunch to run with.

Current setup :

Name - classes [with levels] - level - species - annotations
Alrikadaram - Ranger - 16 - Elf - very few times played recently, my main crafter
Aracaram - Artificer - 11 - Drow - played only a few times recently
Daracaram - Wizard 10 - Drow - played only once recently
Harakadaram - Cleric - 14 - Drow - only played once recently
Thasabadram - Favoured Soul - 5 - Elf - only played once recently, looks like a Drow ;)
Jadaram Squeak of Fury - Barbarian 1 Rogue 2 Cleric 3 - 6 - Halfling - pure fun build, never played in ages
Ahiania - Iconic Scourge - 17 - Aasimar
Anrilkana - Paladin 10 Rogue 1 - 11 - Elf - first character since new start 2019, currently paused
Arnaliaina - Druid - 6 - Aasimar - currently paused
Artflam - Rogue 8 Cleric 2 - 10 - Dwarf - created during Veteran III Event
Fahinia - Fighter 6 Paladin 4 - 10 - Human - created during Veteran III Event
Iihallandra - Bard 5 Sorceror 1 - 6 - Halfelf - pirate-themed Swashbuckler
Luedaemilla - Druid 4 Artificer 2 - 6 - Half-Elf - experimental build perhaps one day small TR to get rid of the Artificer levels
Senha - Sorceror 7 Favoured Soul 3 - 10 - Aasimar
Hibaina - Warlock - 5 - Half-Elf - light side
Tirinha - Rogue 3 Artificer 1 - 4 - Half-Elf - Vistani
Tiktaalik - Wizard 1 Artificer 3 - 4 - Warforged - great difficulties to play for me because of repair instead of heal (hence the Artificer levels)
Alrih - Rogue 4 Favoured Soul 2 - 6 - Half-Elf - Quarterstaff/Inquisitive oriented experimental build
Anhki - Monk 3 Rogue 1 - 4 - Aasimar - Quarterstaff oriented experimental build
Wiita - Wizard 2 Rogue 2 - 4 - Human - (formerly Wiina, but I changed that because I didn't like the name, sounds too much like sausages), not much played yet

I plan to create an Aasimar Cleric or Favoured Soul within the next few months. It will probably be another quarterstaff oriented experimental build (I'm currently heavily experimenting with quarterstaff ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom