Phoenix Point - Blood and Titanium DLC Released

Will be interesting to see if the expansions can make this to me only decent game great. Will at least check this expansion out since I own it by default anyway.

DLC will give an opportunity to see if this injection of new content revives this vid product for streaming as it disappeared from the streaming landscape.

DLC will give an opportunity to see if this injection of new content revives this vid product for streaming as it disappeared from the streaming landscape.

I doubt that will be the case unless they've totally rebalanced the game. We'll see though.

EDIT: Watched the video and apparently a large rebalance patch is scheduled to be released as well. The content of the DLC doesn't sound that interesting, but more options are always fun and more types of enemies are a welcome addition as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, they seems to be taking the Civilization route of only having a complete game after putting out four expansions or so. Also, the name for this expansion is a blatant ripoff of that Batllestar Galactica movie. :p

If they manage to inject some fun in it we'll maybe have a "decent" tactical one day.

Right now, there's a lot of better and cheaper options in that genre...

I made the mistake to buy it in the first place, and it shared almost no similaritys with the old X-Com's that i do love.
What i dislike the most about Phoenix Point is that the basic Research Tree doesn't have the Weapon and Armor Tiers like in the old X-Com's. A lot of the better Blueprints are tied to Faction Standing and getting that up until you hit Mid Game and face the stronger Enemies can be really punishing in your first Playthrough.
The general tone of the Game is you're better off raiding the rest of Humanity to gain an Edge on the Aliens, it would be a good Villain Prequel Story for the old X-Com actually.

So far, not many streamers have jumped in. The few who did are confidential streamers, like 30 people viewership.

Not sure this vid product gets a lot of funding before hitting steam. That is part of the crowdfunded scheme, people who prefer not to fund, expecting others to do so.

Back
Top Bottom