Vampire Hunters - New Indie Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Blue's points out the site for Vampire Hunters - a "full 3D role-playing game with adventure-like elements that will charm the player with its dark atmosphere of old docks where a mysterious clan of vampires rages free". The exact gameplay details are slim beyond the 3rd person view and "ATBS" combat and even the manual basically only reveals the presence of a standard set of primary stats, although the mini-walkthrough looks a lot like a classic adventure game. There doesn't appear to be a demo but the game is available via the site for $16.99. A feature list:
- Catchy storyline underlined by a thrilling dark atmosphere. The overall impression is augmented by an original game soundtrack creating a slightly horror mood.
- Advancement of the main character including level-ups, enhancements of skills and abilities.
- The possibility to create your own spells using the rune system
- ATBS (active time battle system, commonly used in many Asian RPG games including Final Fantasy series) adding dynamics to turn based combat as well as the possibility to use a lot of hits, blows, weapons and special combos
- A lot of adventure-like items and non-linear dialogue branching
- With a starting price of 16.99 USD the game offers an outstanding price / quality ratio
The developer is listed as Mayhem Studios, who may be the same as studio as a number of "B" RPG efforts, such as Shadow Vault, but it isn't clear.

More information.

Mayhem Studios is quite known. I have a number of their efforts like Shadow vault, Neverend and Empire of Magic.
Looking at the mobygames database - they already released a vampire themed RPG back in 2007 called Vampire World: Port of Death

http://www.mobygames.com/game/vampire-world-port-of-death

No English release as it seems but Vampire Hunters might be some sort of sequel perhaps.

edit: there is even a video for Vampire World: Port of Death on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adit5rc3tA

I never heard of this. Cool, thanks DH.

Even though Neverend was a little odd, I liked it. I didn't like Shadow Vault, though. This one doesn't look half bad and the price is great 16.99. I'll give this one a go a little later on.

Thanks Dhruin, this does look very interesting and an almost certain purchase. But being in the midst of Risen, with Dragon Age around the corner, and Div Div 2 around the next corner this game could sit on my shelf for a while.

OTH, a contemporary RPG might get played a lot sooner than I think in order to break up the continious High Fantasy concept RPGs.

Back
Top Bottom