The Witcher - Enhanced Edition News

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Keen to get our grubby mits on The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, we fired off a missive to ask exactly when the download option will be available from the official site. CD Projekt told us to keep things simple, the download version will be available to everyone on the 19th. Time to clear some hard drive space and watch that download limit.
In other Enhanced Edition news, the official site has some mini interviews with three developers:
Which changes in The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be the most and least visible for players?
It's hard for me to speak for all the players, so I will tell you which changes are most noticeable for me. First of all, the new inventory is far clearer than the original. It's more pleasant to use and it's easier to find items you need, thanks to the sorting buttons and a separate space for alchemy components. Similarly, I like the diversification of monsters and NPCs, which makes the world around Geralt more real and definitely less repetitive. Personally, I like to play in Russian with Polish subtitles, so I enjoyed the mechanism of free choice of text and voice-overs. German and English players will surely notice the difference in the quality of dubbings, as we re-recorded the whole German version and over 5000 English dialogue lines. As for more subtle improvements, I would point to the possibility of switching off the automatic game saving, as well as the more natural dialogues found in the game, as we recorded over 250 new gesture animations. There are loads of improvements, and I believe that every player will have to answer for himself which changes he notices or likes the most. It's impossible to list everything we corrected; I will only add that apart from the completely new mechanisms, we were able to fix over 1000 smaller and bigger problems, the most significant of which were stability and level-load times.
More information.

Aw Crap! I figured it would be on the 16th. Oh well, I guess they have to keep it fair for everybody.

There are waaaay too many good games coming out at once....

Witcher EE, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Crysis Warhead, STALKER:Clear Sky....Good Lord!

I fully agree with JDR13.... I NEED MORE TIME TO PLAY THEM ALL!! UAAAA

As for The Witcher EE: does anybody know if they also added new quests? I really loved the game and I'm going to play it thorough a second time. Some new quests would be really awesome.

For once, I actually agree. Currently on my list I have:
- Hellgate: London (replaying as a summoner, fun class)
- Mass Effect (replaying as a Vanguard)
- NWN2 + MotB (started a game with a favoured soul/paladin)
- NWN2X2
- Sacred 2
- Gothic 3 addon
- The new Two Worlds game
- Age of Conan (still playing a bit)
- World of Warcraft raiding (currently on Kil'Jaeden)
- WoW: Wrath of the Lich King

I'm actually thinking about a one/two week holiday just to get through some of it, and be ready for the new releases on the list.

Edit: I should probably add that this list would be fairly easy to get through if it wasn't for the raiding in WoW - five hours a day, four days a week takes its toll. I should probably just quit, but it's so addictive..

Q4 2008, so it shouldn't be too far away.

By the way, that list is my 2008 to do list, and none of the games coming in 2009 are on it. It would be significantly longer then (obviously).

My faith in video game developers is nearly restored. I know that sales of the original helped make this happen, but at the same time, I am amazed that this level of improvement could happen, and that I dont have to pay anything for it. Thank you CD Projekt, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom