Torment: Tides of Numenera - Early Access

Pathfinding was good outside of combat and TToN is turn based during combat

If only Pillars of Eternity was turn based combat it would be a great game, as is the RTwP combat is just a mess and i cant finish POE once halfway through it got repetitive.

I'm happy that PoE is not a turn based game. Real time with pause works just fine thank you.

A little disappointed with the graphics. Had expected a bit more from some of the early artworks we saw. It's 2016 after all.

A little disappointed with the graphics. Had expected a bit more from some of the early artworks we saw. It's 2016 after all.

Art styles and budgets don't have anything to do with the year as far as I know.

I was never a Planescape Torment fan. I know, to the PT cult, that's blasphemy or something. I would try this out however, but not at $45. That's way too high for an early access game. That's more of a full release price.

Art styles and budgets don't have anything to do with the year as far as I know.
True, but hardware and graphic api's improves over the years, this game looks a bit outdated already in my opinion, after all it's a 5mill$ game.

Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity were made for approximately the same ballpark budget and both are visually much more pleasing than the very bland looking Torment (IMHO).
From everything that I have seen so far, I feel that inXile definitely should have done a better job here, especially in terms of art direction, attention to detail, more atmospheric lighting and so on.
Torment leans almost more towards a Jeff Vogel game than similar RPGs like D:OS or PoE.

OK then I just have weird taste apparently :biggrin: .

The price of wasteland was based off of the kickstarter price for beta; like wise for this game. It is straight forward.

Likewise for this game how? The first Kickstarter tier that includes beta access is the $75 digital tier. Early access (beta) is $44.99.
The $20 beta access pass is only for Kickstarter backers who do not own a digital tier above the $75 mark or a physical tier above the $250 level.

To me this is very much the complete opposite of "straightforward". Why do new kids on the block get beta access for only $44.99 while KS backers who took a risk and invested in the game in 2013 need at least a $75 investment for the same privilege?

Why are physical tiers at such a strong disadvantage? The $75 vs. $250 digital vs. physical beta tier is already a little strange but it gets even more questionable when said new kids can play right away at $44.99.

So people who invest only about 16% TODAY of what others invested THREE YEARS ago get the higher access privilege.

Seriously, how is that "straightforward"?

Well, yes, early access for WL2 doubled their budget according to Fargo so I understand why they are doing it. I also understand why EA is doing a lot of things. But that doesn't mean I have to like it :) .

Sorry, but I can't fathom why ANYONE would PAY to play a Beta!!!! I've played and tested lots of betas and usually received a FREE copy of the game as a reward and thank you for being an unpaid tester. The idea of actually paying extra to play a buggy beta leaves me speechless. I look forward to enjoying this game when it's released, but until then I have way too many other unfinished games to play!! :)

Personally, and this is just me...but in my playthrough, I felt like Torment's graphics were a lot like Pillars of Eternity. I didn't feel like it was really lacking.

But again, there's no right and wrong with art...it's all subjective...it's a question of personal taste. :)

They had an option to buy beta as an add on for $20. So the price is lowest tier for game plus 20 or $45.

Likewise for this game how? The first Kickstarter tier that includes beta access is the $75 digital tier. Early access (beta) is $44.99.
The $20 beta access pass is only for Kickstarter backers who do not own a digital tier above the $75 mark or a physical tier above the $250 level.

To me this is very much the complete opposite of "straightforward". Why do new kids on the block get beta access for only $44.99 while KS backers who took a risk and invested in the game in 2013 need at least a $75 investment for the same privilege?

Why are physical tiers at such a strong disadvantage? The $75 vs. $250 digital vs. physical beta tier is already a little strange but it gets even more questionable when said new kids can play right away at $44.99.

So people who invest only about 16% TODAY of what others invested THREE YEARS ago get the higher access privilege.

Seriously, how is that "straightforward"?

As stated above. The cost of buying the game + beta access for a Kickstarter backer was either $40 or $45 depending on whether you got in in time to get the early bird price.

I don't see any issue here.

Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity were made for approximately the same ballpark budget and both are visually much more pleasing than the very bland looking Torment

Visually ? very subjective

To me Torment is a lot more vivid and colorful than the dead color pallete of PoE

and graphics is not where the whole budget is going. I don't think its even a priority in Torment

Lets not get DOS into this , as that's a game where you can accept a quest from a sea clamp which discredits it completely :p

Back
Top Bottom