RPGWatch Feature: Let's Play AoD! #3

A nice read :)

I like how the many options seems so logical. Though you hardly find that in other games. There you many times get the feeling "why can't I do that", and in the end you have just gotten used to the limited ways of dealing with things.
Think I have to re-think the way I play when I get my hands on AoD.

Heh, I can't read this. I'm already sold and I can't handle any more spoilers. It wouldn't be so bad if Vince only talked about the path he's currently playing through, but in the last episode there was a pretty big spoiler for a diverging path. :-/

Nice. Thanks, VD. This one really looks to fill an RPG gap like nothing else out there I've seen.

More please! I'd also settle for buying the game and actually playing it, but in the mean time I'm hooked on LP.

I'm sold.
Something worry me a bit though. In every piece Vince showed us, only NPCs have cool and wordy line. Our Titus is a very "sharp" orator.
"Step aside before I loose my patience"
"How much do you want?"
"Tell me more about the raiders"
"What do you want me to do."
Sometimes he goes long-winded :
"Then how about rewarding some travelers for helping in a need ? The raider's choice of words shows that he understands that and will keep his mouth shut."
Well, I don't want Fidel Castro speech either, but if we develop our soft-skill, does our Titus get some éloquence too ?

I'm still following along. Solely because of these feature articles, this game is on my radar. A couple more articles like this, and it probably makes the "to be bought" list. Not saying that my approval is anything grand-- it shows that the Vince's effort is effective advertising, which I believe is the intent.

I like how the many options seems so logical.
Thanks. The game was designed with a "what options make sense here?" approach in mind. So, if you think that you should be able to do something in a certain situation, give it a try and see what happens.

Something worry me a bit though. In every piece Vince showed us, only NPCs have cool and wordy line. Our Titus is a very "sharp" orator.
I used short PC responses whenever possible to avoid talking in a manner that may not fit your character.

Sometimes he goes long-winded
That was a persuasion line you quoted. The longer response is necessary to make a reasonable argument. Same goes for etiquette, streetwise, crafting, lore, and other checks where you have to talk long enough to make a point or show your skills or understanding of certain matters.

Well, I don't want Fidel Castro speech either, but if we develop our soft-skill, does our Titus get some éloquence too ?
Regular lines won't change, but then again, is it really necessary to be able to say "how much do you want?" in several different ways?

Oooh, please stop teasing me!

I feel am somewhat bittersweet while ahem... reading your AoD feature (more on this later): in order to keep my sanity on track, I am repeatedly forcing myself to not to get over-excited about AoD as I wanna play it NOW, and not "when it's done"! :)

Also, I admit, I just check the pictures briefly and read about only every third sentence to prevent *spoiling the game*. IMHO, the best moments in an RPG are not just the obligatory plot twists, but those relevating moments when I realize that YES, this game even allows me to do THIS ridiculous action of mine too AND takes THAT crazy little detail into account too!
Now that the in-game story of AoD is still a mystery to me (and it should be kept this way!), the two other surprise options are hugely spoiled by these in-depth demonstrations...

(A few quick examples:
"regular plot twist"-thingy: Planescape:Torment... 'nuff said.
"crazy action"-moment: bake your own bread in Ultima!
"devil in details"-stuff: in Realms of Arkania it was possible to get cold by visiting the mountains without proper winter clothes)

Now please stop reading my ranting - go back and finish the game at once. :lol:

I drool all over the keyboard once again.

Please, Vince, pretty please, do release it this year.

Being a software tester I know that bugs in the release are inevtable and even more so if you hurry with the release.

But, being Arcanum fan I know that you can live with them. It might be not acceptable for the mass market, but for the niche product like this I'm sure the target audience will cope with that and will survive the patches.

Just don't let your fans die of desperation!

I like the factthat the protagonist wears my names :p
just kidding, I just can't wait to play it.

One Big and Very Important Question: will there be a Demo?

lazy? how do you mean?

knprtw

lazy? how do you mean?

You could find the answer to your question in less than five minutes if you actually bothered to look at the Iron Tower Studio forum. Since you appear to be so lazy, why don't you ask about the price while you're at it!

and......... breath

You could find the answer to your question in less than five minutes if you actually bothered to look at the Iron Tower Studio forum. Since you appear to be so lazy, why don't you ask about the price while you're at it!
And instead of being an (anonymouse) internet Nazi you could just have written the answer. Yes the game will have a demo. In fact it will be sold in good old shareware mode, e.g. nice long demo, buy the key to unlock the rest of the game and play on. Spiderweb style.

And instead of being an (anonymouse) internet Nazi you could just have written the answer.

When is the game going to be released? Will there be a Linux port? How much will the game cost? What are the system requirements? Can I make my own quests? How many followers can I have? Where can I find a video of the real time combat in action? What is the maximum level I can achieve? Can I play with my friends on-line? Can I choose my gender? What about Explosive Crossbow Bolts, because they would be *so* cool! Will there be voice acting? How many weapons are there? Easter Eggs? Can I buy the concept art? What about timed quests or puzzles and riddles? Will there be random encounters? Can I have a lesbian relationship with anyone? How extreme is this game? Can I dual wield and pretend to be a pirate? Can I role play as a kung fu fighter or monk? What about mini-games, no game is complete without mini-games! Can I murder children? Will there be a quest compass? Do I need to repair my items?

First off al yes you are right, I could have find the answer easily on the internet. But this is a forum I frequently visit, if not the only one in times. this is in a topic for AOD with a lot of people on this forum that I know a long time by now so I asked it here, even in the case that the developer followed this topic, so I would be sure to get an answer soon and in a friendly manner.
We don't all need to overreact like you do. let this be the last said about you I hope

I like the factthat the protagonist wears my names :p
just kidding, I just can't wait to play it.

One Big and Very Important Question: will there be a Demo?
You'll be able to play in the starting town area (20+ quests). If you like what you see, you pay and unlock the rest of the game. Needless to say, you'll be able to continue playing with the same character and won't have to start a new game.

Why are people so fucking lazy?
Simple questions can be easily answered, no?

Back
Top Bottom