Gothic #1 Shortcut key doesn't work

locutus

Watcher
If you go to your inventory and select a sword, the slot turns blue and a "1" appears on the left of the slot. If you select a bow, a "2" appears on the left of the slot. It's been a long time since I played but aren't these shortcut keys reliable? I don't remember them being buggy. I can select a sword and bow and the numbers - 1 and 2 - appear as they should but when I play they don't seem to work. #1 never works. #2 sometimes works. So if I want to have access to my sword, I can't have my bow selected. Then I push the key assigned to "Weapons" and I pull my sword. If my bow is selected too, I can never get to my sword. The key assigned to "Weapons" will then always activate my bow and #1 does nothing. If I open my inventory, then the 1 and 2 keys work. Is this a glitch caused by the patches?

AFAIR the keys should be reliable.

Well, I'm using the playerkit, systempack, and freddy's texture pack / world patch. Do those make a difference?

Solved. I had assigned a button from my gaming mouse to "weapons" in the keyboard config screen. The game sees it as #1 and can't tell the difference between that and #1 on the keyboard. So it's a conflict. I just didn't assign any buttons from my mouse to anything and now it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom