Baldur's Gate 3 - What To Reasonably Expect

@Couchpotato;
Considering what's already there in early access I don't see that happening. If worst comes to worst they can just release what they have and work from there. Do some kind of episodic format.

Well I'm getting the same vibes I get from Hollywood blockbusters. Basically to ambitious, way over budget, and constant delays. Frankly I'm being a realist and not an optimist.

So yes it can be both at the same time as well. Also Swen has almost ruined his company many times for money problems. Just watch a few of the older documentary videos.

He always blamed the publisher though.:p

Bah, that was long ago, since then they had two tremendous success with the D:OS series and the quality of BG3 is already even better. I think they have nothing to prove at this point. There is zero chance for this game to be a flop.

Technically it's not constant delays, it's just that they say "when it's ready"; they never committed on a date and when they mentioned a possible year range they've always emphasized it was a guess and it could change. It feels unprofessional, any business should fix a target. But on the other hand, it looks like they're doing that partly for themselves and they want to make it as (positively) memorable as possible. This has been obvious since the start when playing the game and following them.

Then let's just do the maths, they've already sold between 2 and 5 millions units in EA, so even if you take the lower number and consider 250 employees on average, that's still very comfortable for a while, even in Belgium. That's without the sales from the previous games. So while I find their commentaries a bit irresponsible, I have to admit they must be in a position to afford that.

Back
Top Bottom