Unwritten - Kickstarter Relaunched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Druid Gameworks has relaunched the Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight kickstarter asking for $280,00 this time. So check it out if you were a previous backer. Here are the details.

A Big Hello Again

First things first, we’re really excited to be back on Kickstarter sharing our project again! Making games is our passion and we love sharing what we’re up to, especially with people who love games as much as we do! It’s been a crazy few weeks as we tried to recover from our unsuccessful first crowd-funding campaign. We had to beg Havok for more time with our engine evaluation so we could finish some content for this campaign and being awesome as they are, they graciously gave us extra time to put together some new goodies! We set to work immediately so we could launch a new campaign while the fire was still hot, but some may be wondering why we didn’t wait longer before trying again.

We know we have an amazing concept and we are dying to get started on full swing development. It’s our hope to get funded before this year ends so that we can look back from where we started in April and be proud of how far we’ve come. Through starting a company, evaluating engines, planning the game, hiring new devs, training on new softwares, and finally building our crowd funding campaigns to share our content; it’s been a heck of a busy year! Nothing would make us happier than starting the New Year in full development with our project budget in place and we are so grateful to have you folks here lending your support.
Here are two new videos that might interest you also.

Kickstarter Promo 01: Game Content Demo

In this video we share the first bit of game footage from our engine evaluation with Havok's Vision Engine. After the clip you can also see some still shots, and some development images demonstrating how a basic sketch becomes game content, enjoy!
Kickstarter Promo 02: Game Content Demo-Daylight

After much cheering and requesting from our happy backers in this video we re-share the first bit of game footage from our engine evaluation with Havok's Vision Engine, except it's DAYTIME!
More information.

Hm. This looks good.

Relaunched, you say? Not sure why I didn't back it last time, or it must've slipped under my radar.
In any case, pledged. :)

I wasn't the backer the first time and I can't remember why - all I do remember is that I was irritated seeing Yogi bear as I don't want to play some random animal head on a human body character.

And again I'm not backing. Why this time?
•Customized Companions and Mounts
•Dungeon Diving & Rewards
- I'm don't want to play an invalid who can't fight by standing on his feet
- It smells like grinding Skyrim locations

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah... the RPG-backing community seemd tired...

I don't remember seeing this before. Then again, I can barely remember yesterday. I like the art direction and the feature list on the kickstarter page. I'm going to back this today. The sky… reminds me of Gothic 1 and 2… all they need are shooting stars at night and it would be near perfect…

Last edited:
Doesn't appear to be much more than an engine demo at this stage. "Player Driven Gameplay" probably means they haven't got around to making any content. A lot of games like this have been appearing on KS recently and I find it hard to believe that many of them will result in decent games.

Back
Top Bottom