• Do a raffle and give away stuff

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Tell us again about the good old days

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Bring back RPGDot, to see what it was like

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I'm still waiting for that My Little Pony site

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I have this brilliant idea (elaborate in a reply)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Let's not, I don't like celebrations

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
:excited: Happy birthday! :celebrate: :party2:

Why not highlight some striking threads from the early days? Anyone having fond memories about certain topics?

bring back the dot. We already have a ton of JRPG news again - but we are missing the big brown backgrounds and huge banner ad taking up the top right of the screen!

Maybe magerette will be back too. And that rat in the cage. And deets...

In October 2006 we made the RPGWatch site public, after leaving RPGDot in the not so capable hands of Jolt. How should we mark this moment in time?

The exact day was the 17th of October, which was marked by this newsbit from Dhruin at 23:36 (CET): https://www.rpgwatch.com/news/rpgwatch--welcome-to-rpgwatch-2316.html

First happy Site birth day, second as I had said in a pm to you Myrthos I will be send you a key or two to give away. If anyone knows of a game or two they would like to see the site give away please post of pm me. I was thinking TW3 GOTY but open to what everyone would like.

Happy Site day once again and no more crashes.

Bronies meet up, definitely.

bronies.jpg

Please bring back the old RPGDot pages - would be great for researching older games.

Ten years goes fast…

Did anybody ever find out what happened to Val? She was a prominent member of the Dot but never made it here.
We're still in contact. The move from the Dot came at a time when RL training/work demanded more of Val's attention.

Happy birthday! I have been a long-time lurker before I registered, but not that long. 10 years!? Wow!
My favorite site for RPG news and finding new hidden gems!

hey, how about showing those banners that HX came up with.

Wow, ten years.... time goes so fast! This site is a remarkable achievement, congratulations! Maybe we should celebrate with some kind of top 10 threads/posts lists or such... those things can be fun.

Time sure goes fast. :party: Here to another 10 years of RPGWatch!

Yeah, that's what it looked like :)
I have a database up to June 2006 that you can browse through, including the forums. That is, when it ever gets online...

You can still see the old RPGDot! https://web.archive.org/web/20051219155217/http://www.rpgdot.com/

(Just bring some patience - it can take some time for the database to dredge up everything.)

Oh, those were the times… I see Baldurs Gate 2 mod review there! Broken Hourglass and first Witcher news. NWN community interview… The golden renaissance. Those were the happy CRPG + TES/Gothic days when only bugged Gothic 3 bugged your mind… :D

Back
Top Bottom