KoA: Reckoning - Preview Roundup

aries100

SasqWatch
Previews have surfaced for this game. I quote from 1 of them and list the rest.
First we have Eurogamer - a sample:
Roleplay games don't necessarily need to dazzle graphically, nor reinvent a genre, to be fun to play and compelling to construct a character within. There is, however, a degree of ‘epic' that's missing here. Amalur is a fine drizzle compared to the thunder and lightning of the Elder Scrolls tempest. It's easy to say that Reckoning should be judged on its own two feet, certainly, but when the feet in question are such heavily-stitched Franken-legs from countless RPG forerunners that's quite a tall order
Then we have NZ Gamer
Next up is INC Gamers
CVG has a preview, too.
More information.

I think a more balanced view of the Eurogamer preview is given in the paragraph just before the one included above:

"With Reckoning riding the coat-tails of Skyrim, and the endearingly batshit-mental Darksiders II taking on a surprisingly hardcore edge, the obvious question is whether or not the solid-if-uninspiring Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning can compete. Personally, to a degree, I believe it can. In the same way that people still enjoy vanilla ice-cream and in the same way that Pizza Express do a roaring trade in Margaritas, there is a definite and massive chunk of roleplay fandom that likes its accents faux-British and its fantasy delivered in a no-nonsense fashion."

Yes, I do like Vanilla ice cream, and yes, I would very much like another open-world fantasy RPG. Just give me the old shit, thankyouverymuch.

Disclaimer: Still in fanboi mode over this one…

Yes, I do like Vanilla ice cream, and yes, I would very much like another open-world fantasy RPG. Just give me the old shit, thankyouverymuch.

Disclaimer: Still in fanboi mode over this one…

lol

Although, I would like more open-world games too.

batshit-mental

Huh ?

What's this supposed to mean ?

(I always read "batshit-metal" in that - as if this was a new category of metal / heavy metal sound.)

Huh ?

What's this supposed to mean ?

(I always read "batshit-metal" in that - as if this was a new category of metal / heavy metal sound.)

It is basically another way of saying crazy.

Oh, okay, then ...
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom