What should Be the RPGWatch Award from the D:OS2 Fundraiser

What is the RPGWatch Award for the D:OS2 Fundraiser?

• Total voters
Hey, waitaminute - I just spent a silly amount of money for some game to finally achieve the fame and glory I deserve as a watch NPC, and now you propose to take it all away?! :shakefist:

;)

Maybe a hidden clue among the remains of one of a certain troll's victims could lead to some unfinished espionage business involving a secretive if slightly incompetent society of (black-?)guards and their equally despicable foes?

I backed the KS directly (sorry) but I like the quest idea and perhaps any quest characters/bystanders can be named after or by the top 10 donors from here...? Best of both worlds.

-kaos

If hidden x is too modern maybe "the hidden watcher". I think it is a good name for a ghost.

I like both options to be honest. I would prefer the one that brings more visibility to the watch I guess =).

The Elder Spy is a foster father of a certain young female rogue that you can recruit as a henchman in D:OS 1.

I didn't realise this, nice.

Just throwing around wacky ideas here, but how about a quest to literally raise an iconic tower like in our site header (or something similar that Larian would approve of) say on top of a remote mountain overlooking a pass or something, to better survey or reconnoiter an area.

Again, this could be somehow tied or related to the history of the site. You could have its founders/quest-giver staring out over the horizon engaging in witty reflections of the past.

Moorkh's idea was cool as well to continue the espionage theme.

I voted for the Watch regiment, I think HiddenX's name deserves to be the name of the Captain of the Watch :).
A real shame we can't have both options though.

I agree, but if I have to choose, I choose the quest.

Hopefully The Elder Spy gets another mention though. :)
Mention?
To be honest, and since he's already into software development job, IMO Larian should hire him. Today.

Did gamebanshee choose a steam group over insider at Inxile? :)

By the looks of the vote, choice is clear cut. It's unrealistic to expect the watch quest to be epic but it should be memorable enough through something so that it may increase the visibility of RPGWatch even further than the intro name - humor, very well written NPC in it, maybe an item that players will find very useful to use throughout the game.

Since the quest seems to be by far the more popular option, what about it ending in a location like a watchtower? There could be an an interactive brick or stone (if the tower is built of these) or a charter or something hanging in the tower that when clicked shows the names of the Watch?

Really should be some quest where you are on the hunt for some backwards thinking group of people that hate everything. Once you put all the pieces together you find an run down house that looks abandoned. Inside you find a group of people(codex) with a bunch of old tattered RPG box laying around.

You have a choice of fighting them or convincing them to leave their ways and join the watch.

The Codex have a quest of their own, featuring a troll.

Or "starring" a troll, in their terms.

Back
Top Bottom