Sword Coast Legends - Last Chance to Purchase

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Sword Coast Legends will be removed from sale December 31st. Until then the game is available for 67% off.

Last Chance To Purchase Sword Coast Legends

Gather your party for epic adventures before Sword Coast Legends disappears forever at the end of December, 2017!

Purchase Sword Coast Legends now at 67% off and receive the Rage of Demons DLC for free. Our publishing contracting is ending, but although Sword Coast Legends will no longer be available to purchase after December, its multiplayer servers will remain live indefinitely.

Sales will also be available on the follow platforms for the following dates:

• Steam - 67% off - December 11 to December 25

• Sony America - 50% off - December 12 to December 26

• Gamestop - 75% off - December 18 to December 28

• GamersGate - 67% off - December 11 to December 31

• Gamazavr - 66% off - December 12 to December 19

• Microsoft - 60% off - December 19 to December 25
More information.

How can the multiplayer servers stay alive indefinitely? Someone has to pay for that somewhere and with how they are killing the game now...

How can the multiplayer servers stay alive indefinitely? Someone has to pay for that somewhere and with how they are killing the game now…
I assume they're meaning the Steam MP infrastructure.

Nah, all unity games just use unity relay servers for multiplayer. I'm not even sure if you can do unity multiplayer any other way. Horrible engine for NWN3 :p

Is the game playable anymore? I read it doesn't technically work at all atm…

Edit: Seems only multiplayer can make problems sometimes. Bought it for the campaign anyway. At 5 € what could go wrong? ^_^

Just started Original Sin 2 this evening, so I guess I will be occupied for some time before I give this a shot.

…Unity… Horrible engine for NWN3 :p

giphy.gif

So... what about the single player campaign? I heard it was pretty good? Why would they stop selling it and kill single player?

I've put in about 10 hours into the SP campaign so far. It really isn't that bad - I mean it's FR and has the DnD flavour, you just have be aware and accept that the underlying mechanics are only a reflection of real DnD. Am hoping I'll be able to continue as, in there infinite wisdom, this one requires online login to even do SP from what I recall.

This is the only game for which I took advantage of the Steam refund policy. I played for almost 2 hours and it was very underwhelming to say the least. For context: I pretty much only play single-player games.

As for why they are removing from sale - I suspect that their D'n'D licence was time-limited, with an expectation to renew if it was successful. Since the game kinda tanked, and d'n'd probably isn't a cheap licence, I guess the devs probably decided not to renew and let it slide.

Alternatively, it may be a royalties thing. For example, you can't buy the Descent games on GOG or Steam because of royalty disputes, which kinda bugs me.

As for the game, I bought it twice on heavy discount at different times, but never really got into it. Don't take this as criticism - it seemed like a pretty decent single player game, but joined the list of many other great games that I never had time to properly sink my teeth into. alongside Pillars of Eternity and Torment (the new one), much to my shame.

I didn't mind it so much! It was a reasonable effort.
Worth $5 for sure... perhaps even 15 or $20. (given a coffee here is $5 lol).
I will probably replay it at some point, but there are better games out there.
NWN2 for instance if you have a hunkering for DnD like I often get.
I did finish the original SP game.

$5 for three more weeks worth of play?

This was the biggest concern that people had over online verification requirements.

the underlying mechanics are only a reflection of real DnD.

No, they are not, not even close. And no, the game is not worth a penny.

The developers deceived people into thinking it was an actual D&D game. And not only it was a lie, also the game itself is all crap. As I remember playing the first hour of the game or something like that, it was just terrible in every possible way - except for the graphics that were kind of good.

It's definitely worth 5$.

It's a fun little romp with a meaty enough campaign. The rules are terribly implemented - and everything about it is a bit clunky - but it's still fun.

Back
Top Bottom