PoE: The White March 2 - Out Now

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The second expansion for Pillars of Eternity, The White March - Part II is available now.

Hey, everyone. Big news today! The second part to the Pillars of Eternity expansion, The White March - Part II, is now available. You can pick up Part II for $14.99 or the Expansion Pass (which contains Part I and Part II) for $24.99 on Steam, GOG, or Origin. The White March - Part II brings an epic conclusion to the Watcher's story in the White March.

If you need to get more hyped up, check out the awesome release video below.

In addition to bringing closure to The White March storyline, The White March - Part II introduces many new areas, spells, abilities, and soulbound items. You can see some of these spells and abilities in action by watching the video below.

Next to that there is also the Patch 3.0 update, which for those that do not have The White March - Part II, provides a number of changes.

The 3.0 Update is also now live. 3.0 introduces many new features that everyone (whether they have the expansion or not) can enjoy. If you would like to learn more about these features, just watch our Update 3.0 New Features video by heading over here. You can also look at the update's current change list by visiting Obsidian's Community Blog.

Another important addition in The White March - Part II is our new barbarian companion, Maneha. Maneha meets the player in the village of Stalwart, where she's searching for clues about the Abbey of the Fallen Moon, a mysterious, ancient temple to Ondra. She's been a mercenary, a pirate, a pilgrim, and a treasure-hunter, but most recently, she's become a Giftbearer, a member of an Ondrite order dedicated to helping the faithful forget the secrets that haunt them.
More information.

IMHO this is kickstarter done right!

I am so glad I backed this! I hope they will make more games like this and also go with crowdfunding again.

Wouhou! Now I got a very long game to (re)play.

I want to replay the game with all the new stuff (haven't played since pre-2.0), but I have problem: I can't decide what class to play.

This is a recurrent problem that I have, well since the BG era. I have never been able to cure it and it seems to be getting worst too. I stare blankly at the character screen wondering what would be interesting to play for minutes and then make something, play a bit with it and reroll wondering what the other classes have to offer that might be interesting.

I already did a deceitful rogue play-through, at least it reduce the choice a bit.

/Goes back to ponder if I should make a Paladin, Chanter, Ranger or Priest...

azarhal... m8 that is sooo like me...

Since some time, I have a really big problem with rpg games like poe, bg1/2ee, wl2 and such... I enter the game, see char generation window and I am stuck... do not know what to play... so many options... and than I just quit :(

really do not know how to get out of this dreadful circle...

azarhal… m8 that is sooo like me…

Since some time, I have a really big problem with rpg games like poe, bg1/2ee, wl2 and such… I enter the game, see char generation window and I am stuck… do not know what to play… so many options… and than I just quit :(

really do not know how to get out of this dreadful circle…

Maybe assign a number for a class and roll a die? Now you have to play that class as fate has decided.

I usually end up picking something personally. It's just a long tedious process.

I might go with a Wizard this time. I played a dwarven rogue the first time which I never play (especially the dwarf part). My next less played is a elven mage... They got a new spell called Pull of Eora that sound a bit like Dragon Age Pull of the Abyss too. So tempting. Wait that wasn't in my list. Argh.

You already played through the game?? Then the choice is easy. Pick the class of whatever character you liked least in your first play-through. That way you can dump the character from the party and bring along somebody more fun.

Just picked this up and started a fresh game. It will mostly be new to me as I was waiting for all these to come out. Looking forward to it. With replaying BG will get a lot of my classic itch satisfied.

Went with Ranger and his wolf, of course :)

Probably mix of dual wield and bow with lots of animal talents for the wolf. More into RP'ing the character a certain way then min/max stats. Skills probably stealth, survival, and athletics. Mechanics would be handy but just goes against being a ranger/nature guy. He doesn't do much with machines.

So how are the classes "balanced" now? Dropped it month after launch for complete run. I remember cyphers were OP at the time, perhaps rogues as well.
Can't keep track of whatever Sawyer is doing here.

Nice! I might wait another patch, but then it's time for my first playthrough finally. :)
This is it, right? There's no more DLC or expansions (or an EE) coming for PoE?

I will wait for few more patches and updated IEMod, I am not playing with that shitty disengagement anymore or not being able to change weapons and quickitems during combat.
I want my IE games experience, it was far superior to shitty PoE limits.
Also I am no longer using magical stash, shitty design by shitty designers.

Nice! I might wait another patch, but then it's time for my first playthrough finally. :)
This is it, right? There's no more DLC or expansions (or an EE) coming for PoE?

I hope so because I also want to finally play the "complete" edition :) . There is definitely no longer any announced or even rumored DLC or expansions so this might actually be it.

The only thing I am slightly wondering about is why there aren't even any rumors about a Pillars 2 Kickstarter. Not that I would want to back them again but it is kind of strange that there hasn't even been a bleep about it. You'd think that they'd be super-enthusiastic about their own IP instead of all this mercenary work for publishers but I guess not...(?)

The White March part 2 is the last content update. Josh Sawyer tweeted about Project Louisiana back in December and some other tweets suggest that Brandon Adler (PoE producer) is also involved. It is most probably PoE2 starting pre-production now that White March is done…otherwise we aren't going to see it in a long while.

As for balance, it was apparently already much better in 2.0, it's a bit too soon to talk about 3.0 with all the new abilities/talents though, but I doubt there is a class that still feel "underpowered". They "nerfed" the Cipher by increasing the higher level ability cost though. The improved the Chanter by making them "sing faster" (aka they can now cast a higher level invocation before the battle is over).

So how are the classes "balanced" now? Dropped it month after launch for complete run. I remember cyphers were OP at the time, perhaps rogues as well.
Can't keep track of whatever Sawyer is doing here.

Cyphers got nuked into oblivion quite early in the patches, but in my opinion are still the most fun to play (currently got a L10 Cypher leading my party).

I don't think there is any one class that stands out now, which is great - play whatever you feel: and for the record, Blunderbuss Cypher is still completely OP if specced right, no one tell Sawyer pls :D

Cyphers got nuked into oblivion quite early in the patches, but in my opinion are still the most fun to play (currently got a L10 Cypher leading my party).

I don't think there is any one class that stands out now, which is great - play whatever you feel: and for the record, Blunderbuss Cypher is still completely OP if specced right, no one tell Sawyer pls :D

Word is, Sawyer is already working on Blunderbuss patch. :p

More upcoming RPGness is promised by Obsidian, but it doesn't necessarily automatically mean it's Eternity2.

Obsidian didn't reveal nor suggest any particular title. It can be a completely new thing, a sequel of a previous title for example Alpha Protocol 2 but this time hopefully with ditched consoley checkpoint systems, a title outsourced to them as New Vegas 2 everyone would buy, even a co-op project on already announced thing for example creating parts of Cyberpunk 2077.

Escapist reviewed, got happy, scored it 4/5 and states that everyone who already has Eternity should definetly buy this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ars-of-Eternity-The-White-March-Part-2-Review
If you've played The White March Part 1, you should absolutely grab Part 2 and experience the conclusion of the larger story. If you haven't played Part 1 or are totally new to Pillars of Eternity, I highly recommend buying and playing both parts together, as if they were a single product.

Just picked this up and started a fresh game. It will mostly be new to me as I was waiting for all these to come out. Looking forward to it. With replaying BG will get a lot of my classic itch satisfied.

Went with Ranger and his wolf, of course :)

Probably mix of dual wield and bow with lots of animal talents for the wolf. More into RP'ing the character a certain way then min/max stats. Skills probably stealth, survival, and athletics. Mechanics would be handy but just goes against being a ranger/nature guy. He doesn't do much with machines.

May I ask which race did you choose? What about backcround?

I think you will like Sagani. She is a ranger as well. :)

Word is, Sawyer is already working on Blunderbuss patch. :p

He already nerfed it twice from what I remember (used to have more hits per shots and base damage was higher). It has nice synergy with anything that is applied on weapon hits because you have 6 hits per shot instead of just one. It's not as good against high DR enemies though.

I plan to do my 2nd play with a Druid (first one was wizard), I hope to have a more fun spellcaster this time. Wizard was mostly boring and felt like they didn't read have a good idea what they really want for that class.

Back
Top Bottom