Yakuza 0 - Releasing 2nd August

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Action RPG Yakuza 0 will release on Steam 2nd August.

ABOUT THIS GAME

The glitz, glamour, and unbridled decadence of the 80s are back in Yakuza 0.

Fight like hell through Tokyo and Osaka with protagonist Kazuma Kiryu and series regular Goro Majima. Play as Kazuma Kiryu and discover how he finds himself in a world of trouble when a simple debt collection goes wrong and his mark winds up murdered. Then, step into the silver-toed shoes of Goro Majima and explore his "normal" life as the proprietor of a cabaret club.

Switch between three different fighting styles instantaneously and beat up all manner of goons, thugs, hoodlums, and lowlifes. Take combat up a notch by using environmental objects such as bicycles, sign posts, and car doors for bone-crunching combos and savage take-downs.

Fighting is not the only way to kill time in 1988's Japan: from discos and hostess clubs to classic SEGA arcades, there are tons of distractions to pursue in the richly detailed, neon-lit world.

Interact with the colourful denizens the red light district: help a budding S&M dominatrix learn her profession, or ensure a street performer can make it to the bathroom in time - there are 100 incredible stories to discover.
More information.

Well OMG, it isn't 1st of april and Sega is not whatever company that made Red Dead Redemption.
Another OMG, it contains only original audio. No dub!
And another OMG, it already entered top10 sellers on Steam today.
I'm preordering it right now even if it's unplayable with k/m.

It's not all. Yakuza Kiwami (remake of Yakuza 1 which is sequel to Yakuza 0) is also coming to Steam at some later date.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/

My wallet is weeping…
Should I file for bankruptcy already?

[EDIT]

Seems that the preorder is discounted on bundlestars (-20%) which is nice, but is especially important for oceania (philippines, indonesia, etc) where for some reason steam wants to charge $300-$400 for Y0 while the price on bundlestars is normal. No, dunno what's the problem with steam's store in some parts of the world.

Last edited:
For all I know it's an openworld brawler with tons of different side activities. More complex and with richer content than Sleeping Dogs (which is also a mustbuy!).

For more details, I've already posted the review in another thread. But okay, won't hurt to post it again.

If you don't think the game is mustplay before you die, this review is mustwatch before you die, trust me.
So watch it. Now please.

This is a great game, absolute load of fun.

Sounds good. No english voice. I wonder if the steam version will be censored. From angry review it would seem like there will be censored content.

This is a fantastic game and a steal at the current pre-order price on Steam. I played it on PS4 and I can say it is: 1) the best game in the series and 2) requires no prior knowledge of any of the other games, making it a perfect jumping off point for PC gamers who've always wondered what all the fuss is about. Highly recommended!

Well what do you know another game that interests this jaded gamer.

The end is neigh.:end:

Sega has a fairly good history with ports, too. Looks promising.

Just saw on Steam and seen Joxers post above, and the first game is also getting PC release later his year. Hopefully the other five games get a PC release.:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
I absolutely cannot wait for this! Super excited. The Yakuza series is such a treasure.

If Kiwami is arriving some time as well, I'm all the more elated.

You can pre-order it on Steam if you'd like. They've knocked 10% off the normal price, which is $20. An absolute deal - get this game.

Kiwami will be released on Steam at later date, not at the same time.

Neverheard and 50 years old, sure, of course, you saw me extremely excited over Nintendo Gameboy rubbish numerous times, just like in this thread.

No, these are not remasters of Nintendo Gameboy neverheard rubbish.

Metal or symphonic rock cannot fail for battles.

Back
Top Bottom