What games are you playing now?

Do you play single player or is it pretty much mean to to be mmo'ish ?

(given the multi-player aspect i'm shocked joxer would even consider it since he boycotts games with simple co-op (like wasteland 3))

If you eat too quickly you'll throw up. If you eat too much you may shit your pants and it shows on your character. You may piss yourself and attract zombies and yes bodily functions are animated. You can strip and the girl will piss from her girly area. Not sure of the allure of that. However! A girl taking a poo and groaning and farting is endlessly hilarious…and yes you leave a pile behind and if you're a backer you can search the pile and find treasure. Don't ask me… I play in spite of these things, not because of them :D

Ancestors (PC)
One word: ouch.
Two words: wasted opportunity.
Three words: not my game.

Man, did you read the separate thread?
k+m yea or nay?
checkpoints or save anywhere (outside of combat)?
motion blur stutter-o-rama or fluid crystal clear 60 FPS?
handholding casual mmoish singleplayer or start thinking and experiment?

no I didn't ask anything about combat as I don't care about that. ;)

Do you play single player or is it pretty much mean to to be mmo'ish ?

(given the multi-player aspect i'm shocked joxer would even consider it since he boycotts games with simple co-op (like wasteland 3))

I'd say yes to both things. It is "meant" to be a lame mmo. It just happens to have a decent amount to do in SP as well. One thing that I don't have in SP is raids on my base by ass-wipes. I can build a base and the zombies will ignore it if I'm not around. That means my stuff stays where I put it. I also "miss out" on raiding other people's stuff and getting loot that way.

Zombies don't use guns, grenades or tactics. They see you and try to eat your face. I'm quite happy to avoid my fellow prisoners and just play a more relaxing game. I still have all the challenges of finding enough of the right foods to stay healthy, avoiding the zombies/robots while raiding the various buildings, making my own base and exploring the huge map. I'll probably get a couple hundred hours out of it and that precludes any updates that adds POI's etc.

One fun thing, that I would have never even considered doing, is finding a vehicle and just driving around. You're much faster than a zombie in a truck or ATV. Running over one can cause slight damage to your vehicle, but in SP there are way more vehicles than there are of me. In fact...I think I'm going to try to collect all the cars and store them at my base :D

Base is a glorified term too. I have a lean-to shelter and a chest and a campfire. At this point I just keep all my loot in my truck.

I'm a good ways into Shadowrun: Hong Kong now, and I must admit it's a lot better than I was expecting.

Most of the quests so far have been pretty interesting, and the writing is above average. It's been quite awhile since I played the first two games, but I don't remember the writing being this good.

The only thing I don't care for is the matrix gameplay. I recall cyberspace being more fun in Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. I also wish there were a few more companions to choose from. No mage outside of hired mercenaries is surprising.

I started playing Bard's Tale Two this afternoon, I only had about ninety minutes to play so I got to the fourth level of the first dungeon, and I'll pick it up from there tomorrow. Compared to the first game, I hardly even remember this one, so it's practically a whole new experience.

I'm currently playing Operencia: The Stolen Sun (on my pC) and Rainbow Skies (on my PS4). Rainbow Skies is a sequel to Rainbow Moon (PS3 first, then it was ported to PS4) and, yes, I admit you may not have heard of both these games before. They're kinda tactical role-playing games, and even considering indie standards they're, not that known.

Last edited:
Starting Witcher 3 after a 15 GB update.

Last time I fired it up, i was getting so many errors I never went back.
So far, liking it, a bit overwhelming as I am exploring the heck out of a huge open world, which is one of my favorite parts of open world games!.

Pathfinder RPG just ran like hell for me, on a monster rig. I'm going to have to go back and see if I can tweak it a bit, not in the mood for tweaking at the moment tho

Still playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong, but I'm currently taking a break to try out Remnant: From the Ashes.

It's a third-person survival game in a post-apocalyptic setting. Not sure what the closest comparison would be, but I get vibes of The Division and Dead Space. I'm only a few hours in right now, but the story and atmosphere have grabbed me so far.

*Edit*
After playing it more, I'd say the closest comparison would be a combination of Dark Souls and The Division.

Last edited:
@JDR13; What are the survival aspects exactly? I'm not much into shooters, so curious if the survival aspects are deep enough to carry the game. Is there an "I suck" level of combat settings? :)

P.S. I do like sniping, just not firefights. So sneaky shooters are okay-ish.

After playing it more, I'd say the closest comparison would be a combination of Dark Souls and The Division.
Steam player reviews say the same, which is why I will pass. I am looking forward to playing Dying Light at some point, and eventually DL2.

@JDR13; What are the survival aspects exactly? I'm not much into shooters, so curious if the survival aspects are deep enough to carry the game. Is there an "I suck" level of combat settings? :)

P.S. I do like sniping, just not firefights. So sneaky shooters are okay-ish.

I'm not sure you would dig it. It's not an easy game, and there's a lot of combat. The bosses and mini-bosses are almost Dark Souls level hard, and that's on Normal difficulty. The other two difficulties are Hard and Nightmare. :)

Ugh! Yeah, not for me. If combat is too hard, I invariably drop it after a couple hours. Once it drops to almost free, I may pick it up though.

Last edited:
After polishing off Bard's Tale one and two over the past few weeks, today I began work on the third game in the trilogy. This time I ported over my folks at full strength from the second game, so the start has been a bit more manageable this time. I didn't get too far on day one, a mage has been assigned chronomaster duties and I got through the first dungeon and a bit into the second. The first game was great, the second started off fine but halfway through felt like a chore, and so far the third game is feeling much like the first. Which is a good thing!!

I've dipped my toe back into Witcher 3 this week, but the difficulty curve suddenly ramped up on the main quest, I died a couple times. Made me realize I need to slow my roll a bit and explore a while in the new area, get some grinding and practice in.

meanwhile - I scored a slightly used copy of Gloomhaven!

Going to try doing it solo, with friends dropping in now and then when they can to play.

I've played it a bit w/ my friend when he got it, and he ended up selling it to me for 40 bucks =)

It has a couple of the stickers on the map, stuff like that, but whatever.... he only scratched the surface of the "legacy" aspects.

header.jpg

Currently playing Control, and quite enjoying it. It's very polished and intriguing. Also, damn does it look gorgeous. Not just graphics, but the art style is superb. Very minimalist but it looks great. Also, the color palettes it uses really give it atmosphere and tension. And it's all woven into the story. Cool stuff.

The gameplay is also tight and polished. Shooting feels great, and the physics are wonderful in a fight.

One glaring issue I have so far, is the fact that they used the same voice actor that did Max Payne's voice for a different character in this one. And he doesn't seem to be able or want to distort his voice enough to make it unrecognizable. And this takes me out of the experience every time. But I'll live with it.

I just looked on Steam and it says the game doesn't release until next year. Are you playing EA or our you testing it?

Back
Top Bottom