Cyberpunk 2077 - No Companion System

How things go fast. When this product was rumoured to be MU, people on this site were damage controlling by telling this would be true to the material source as it was party based.
Today, no companion system is announced and lo, suddenly, it is the best thing that could happen to the product.

You're misinterpreting things, or inventing your own fantasy version of it, per usual.
Cyberpunk is originally designed as party co-op game of players..not player and bots. And (companion) AI in video games is not yet good enough to adapt to player that can have multitude of very different playstyles: that is why games like Deus Ex or from Arcane don't feature one.
Not unless player can directly control them: like in real time tactics games ( Satellite Reign, Commandos, etc)…but this is something you have to build your entire game around and completely dictates gameplay flow.

By the demo vid, reflexes wont be involved, everything is pretty slow and all it takes is to be able to think of the next move while executing the current move.

It is going to be another no gameplay product.

2/10…sorry, low effort there Chien. Try better next time. :lol:

I'm still trying to understand what Chien means by "gameplay"…

I think he means twitch skills. He will deny it of course, since he's pretty intent on never agreeing with anyone and convinced that everyone else has inferior intellect and poor language skills.

If one watches a lot of streamed games I can see why one would relate gameplay to twitch skills. I myself can be really impressed by people who compete in E-sports at the higher levels, it takes some serious practice to become that proficient at something just like in real sports.

I will now await Chiens reply telling me I'm completely wrong.

Last edited:
Gameplay is when the game plays … you.

With that settled, I think companion systems are often crutches for lack of a more fluid and natural interaction with NPCs. Ultimately they should become obsolete.

Party-based games are a different thing (i.e., when you really control all characters).

I always play without companions in games like this, so it's not a problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom