Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 65 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

January 14th, 2022, 05:23
Yeah, it feels more "natural" than Fallout, closer to a FPS but stats still play an important part, as they should in a RPG.

The world itself feels very Fallout-esque. Lot of freedom. The main city is really well built, believable. Trafic. Interesting neighbourhood with distinct spirits. Lot of moral choices, of options. I like the way you level up, how you upgrade your characters.

What I don't like is the equipment system. You basically have two dozens different weapons with 5 rarity levels : common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary. I finished the main story using the same assault rifle I was using at level 5, except now it was legendary and had four different upgrade slots. But what I hate most is how silly the armors are. Some t-shirt protect more than heavy military armor. But yeah, I guess it's important to have "style". *sigh*

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 14th, 2022, 05:43
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
But what I hate most is how silly the armors are. Some t-shirt protect more than heavy military armor. But yeah, I guess it's important to have "style". *sigh*
Heh… I often found myself ignoring clothing with better stats because of that.

Supposedly, CDPR is working on a large update that's going to bring the game to v1.5. One of the things mentioned is an overhaul of the loot system.

https://www.ginx.tv/en/cyberpunk-207…-claims-leaker

I'm hoping it brings a little more sense to the armor system, but I'm not holding my breath.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
+1:

January 14th, 2022, 12:10
But what I hate most is how silly the armors are. Some t-shirt protect more than heavy military armor. But yeah, I guess it's important to have "style". *sigh*
Think of it like a "John Wick" suit which can take a hail of bullets and still light-weight and with style!

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

January 14th, 2022, 22:02
Yes, I think they for sure sacrificed style for believable armor. I got really good stats on a bitch T-shirt ending above the belly of my tough guy, so he looks super silly, but hey I have a good Armour value Maybe you could imagine there is some kind of power shield inside the clothes or such.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

January 18th, 2022, 15:49
https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroo…n-steam/ze3f0e

nice if true, im itching for a replay with ng+
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

January 18th, 2022, 18:29
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Yes, I think they for sure sacrificed style for believable armor.
I thought it was the opposite :-)

Problem is that most player will go for the stuff with the best stats. These things seldom fit together… A skirt with a rocker sleeveless shirt and a japanese-style helmet?

The equipment ends up more often than not looking ridiculous, both statwise and stylewise.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

January 18th, 2022, 21:10
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
Think of it like a "John Wick" suit which can take a hail of bullets and still light-weight and with style!
I mean, it's the Cyberpunk genre… stuff like nanoweave is very much a thing. Not that it makes sense for every ganger in the city to have it in their cut-off t-shirts or whatever, but the idea of a linear bigger/bulkier = more protective isn't really a thing in this sort of world.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

January 18th, 2022, 21:52
I thought it was the opposite :-)

Problem is that most player will go for the stuff with the best stats. These things seldom fit together… A skirt with a rocker sleeveless shirt and a japanese-style helmet?

The equipment ends up more often than not looking ridiculous, both statwise and stylewise.
Ooo, what was I writing I meant the opposite…. long working day…..

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

January 18th, 2022, 22:07
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I mean, it's the Cyberpunk genre… stuff like nanoweave is very much a thing. Not that it makes sense for every ganger in the city to have it in their cut-off t-shirts or whatever, but the idea of a linear bigger/bulkier = more protective isn't really a thing in this sort of world.
And yet you have the "Arasaka Elite" and the Militech trooper wearing what appear to be heavier armors. But yeah, I'm better fighting them using my trusted black metal rocker t-shirt

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

January 18th, 2022, 22:26
And yet you have the "Arasaka Elite" and the Militech trooper wearing what appear to be heavier armors. But yeah, I'm better fighting them using my trusted black metal rocker t-shirt
I guess you didn't understand my reference to a linear progression? It's also not linear in the opposite direction.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

January 18th, 2022, 22:53
For me C2077 style was about street cred and making a statement. Reputation can be just as important, sometimes more important, than ones armor class. Being seen as cool and high in street cred is important. Appearing high-end fashionable also important.

Not everyone in Nightcity is meant to be walking around in the equivalent of full plate mail.

I almost always put style above AC/stats for two reasons - one I like my character looking good and two, at least for this game, it made sense to portray a certain style.

People say they enjoy playing games on hard difficulty then complain when they can't max out all their stats to make the hard playing easier
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2022, 21:19
Originally Posted by bizorker View Post
Kind of random questionƒ¢â€š¬‚¦but how would you compare the the combat to other games you've played? More like a Mass Effect or maybe latest Fallouts or closer to a true FPS?

I too bought this one on Steam sale and thinking about giving it a go.
Combat is reasonably close to Fallout 4 - but a bit more accomplished in terms of the moment-to-moment gameplay. I wouldn't say it's a big leap - but it's noticable.

Of course, without mods, it's excessively weak in terms of balance and mechanics. We're talking trivially easy within a few hours even on the hardest difficulty.

However, with the right mods - it can somewhat work for an extended period of time.
Last edited by DArtagnan; January 23rd, 2022 at 23:02.

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup