PoE Siege of Crägholdt

Pillars of Eternity

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I never did this part of the game the first play through, not even sure if it was part of the game when it was released.

Who was the sick person that came up with this. I am at level 11 and feel like I am level one and never played a RPG before.

I had to take a break to post this from setting traps, luring a few of them out, saving and camping and going back to get camping supplies.

Last edited:
No, you didn't do this on the first play-through, because it is part of the White March Part I.
Also, I tried many times to warn you about saying the game was a walk in the park. ;)

The Siege is an excellent challenge for any grizzled infinity engine fan. I ended up doing it in two distinct halves, returning after gaining several levels for the Concelhaut showdown.

No, you didn't do this on the first play-through, because it is part of the White March Part I.
Also, I tried many times to warn you about saying the game was a walk in the park. ;)

The Siege is an excellent challenge for any grizzled infinity engine fan. I ended up doing it in two distinct halves, returning after gaining several levels for the Concelhaut showdown.

It is one heck of a test of your party build, skills, just everything. I just went back and rest and got 2 camping supplies. I have over half of it cleared now, just hoping it doesn't get much harder.

just hoping it doesn't get much harder.

Bouahahahahahahahaah!

At level 11, you are under level for the place. It was designed for experienced level 14 parties. Inside Crägholdt is harder, well not all of it, but that last fight sure is…

There is a follow up to it in White March part 2 for level 16 parties, but only the last fight is really hard.

Bouahahahahahahahaah!

At level 11, you are under level for the place. It was designed for experienced level 14 parties. Inside Crägholdt is harder, well not all of it, but that last fight sure is…

There is a follow up to it in White March part 2 for level 16 parties, but only the last fight is really hard.

I am working my way through it. Lure 3 4 at a time, heal up and back at it.

The fighters way.

Bouahahahahahahahaah!

You mean there is a harder fight in this game? Getting to the last fight wasn't that hard at level 13. The last fight are you kidding me, I just finished. I really don't want to think of a fight harder than that, I don't know how many times I had to reload until I got the right game plan.

I messed up a couple of times thinking I had casted the spells I wanted.

You mean there is a harder fight in this game?

Yup. In White March part 2, the quest The Phylactery's Promise, which is a follow up to Siege of Crägholdt, ends with an harder fight. There is apparently a peaceful option but my character didn't fulfill the stat requirement.

It's the equivalent of facing off, without adds, the Alpine Dragon, Concelhaut and the Adra Dragon at the same time.

Of course, there is always a bit of "depends on your party builds". I know some people who swear the Radiant Spore fight is the hardest, but I had a very easy time against it. The Alpine Dragon is a pain too, but I find Concelhaut harder.

Yup. In White March part 2, the quest The Phylactery's Promise, which is a follow up to Siege of Crägholdt, ends with an harder fight. There is apparently a peaceful option but my character didn't fulfill the stat requirement.

It's the equivalent of facing off, without adds, the Alpine Dragon, Concelhaut and the Adra Dragon at the same time.

Of course, there is always a bit of "depends on your party builds". I know some people who swear the Radiant Spore fight is the hardest, but I had a very easy time against it. The Alpine Dragon is a pain too, but I find Concelhaut harder.

I like the big battles like Crägholdt but hate boss fights like Alpine Dragon.

I guess the big battles you can die a couple of times and come up with a good game plan. BOSS fights are just boring to me and a pain.

I remember in Risen 1, you play the whole game battling it out, then boom a boss fight.

The Siege is a level 14 place, in many ways the high level area of The White March p1. There are a few level 16 fights for The White March p2, but I most of it is fairly straight forward.

I remember in Risen 1, you play the whole game battling it out, then boom a boss fight.

But Risen 1 boss fight was like Candy Crush Saga. Phonedesigns and as such too easy.
I haven't started PoE yet, but from what you're saying, these bosses are not designed to be dealt with on phones.

Back
Top Bottom