Sword Legacy: Omen - Best Game Award

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The turn-based-tactics RPG Sword Legacy: Omen has won the "Best Game" award at the Lisboa Games Week:

Sword Legacy: Omen wins "Best Game" award at Lisboa Games Week!

Hey everyone

We're incredibly excited to share that Sword Legacy: Omen won the award for "Best Game" at Lisboa Games Week this past weekend. With more than 240 participating games and 50 finalists, competition was incredibly tough, but Sword Legacy: Omen made away with the coveted award!
More information.

With more than 240 participating games and 50 finalists, competition was incredibly tough, but Sword Legacy: Omen made away with the coveted award!
Must of been a bunch of bad games for this game to win.:lol:

I recall checking out a few reviews of this when it was coming out, but I must have lost track of it all while I was moving. I just might have to pick this up, sounds like my kind of game.

I played it for like 20 minutes, but the developers made so big mistakes that they completely ruined my expectations of a gritty, XCOM-style fantasy game. This mess is NOTHING like that. Rather annoying, badly executed heap of SHT.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198109500046/recommended/690140/
The story is of junior high quality, which is par for the TBS course, I get it.
The Banner Saga. Not something that would make me buy a game...
The gameplay is very restrictive and linear. There is no exploration, and no need, due to the shadowrun-like loot system that reveals everything when you enter an area. Within the first hour, I had purchased the equipment I've used ever since. All the shops have basically the same inventory. Character variety is limited to fighters; there is only one ranged unit, one healer, and one lockpicker.
Shadowrun, OMG

A phonegames combined product won the best game award?
At least it isn't microtransactions hell game, but still.

Picked it up on Steam too... tried just the opening prologue portion... seems pretty good to me. Looking forward to playing more.

Got a new PC coming next week (it's been 7 years!) So I'll wait to start anymore games till then to avoid the hassle s of porting saves but gonna try this one...looks good

The story is of junior high quality, which is par for the TBS course, I get it. The problem is that it tries to borrow from Arthurian legend, and fails miserably. There is little to no immersion into the political or religious struggles of post-Roman Britannia, and early Christianity is purposely omitted from the plot, even though monks, priests, and monasteries abound. I wasn't expecting the mists of Avalon, but if you're going to ride Arthur's coattails, you should do it some justice.

The gameplay is very restrictive and linear. There is no exploration, and no need, due to the shadowrun-like loot system that reveals everything when you enter an area. Within the first hour, I had purchased the equipment I've used ever since. All the shops have basically the same inventory. Character variety is limited to fighters; there is only one ranged unit, one healer, and one lockpicker.

Almost everything about this game, including the soundtrack, is repetitive and underwhelming. Once your appreciation for the artwork wears off, it gets stale rather quickly.

I rather liked it. But go in expecting an SRPG, not an RPG.

Back
Top Bottom