Baldur's Gate 3 Random News - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Baldur's Gate 3 Random News

Default Baldur's Gate 3 Random News

August 25th, 2020, 17:19
Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #5 - Early Access
Hello everyone! We hope you’ve recovered from the Panel From Hell. We have a huge, bumper community update for you today. We’re going to talk about Early Access at some length, so get a cup of something ready, and maybe a snack. Nestled in? Let’s go.

What is Early Access? What are your expectations? Everyone has a different answer to this, depending on the experience they’re looking for, or their objectives that lead them to shipping a game into Early Access. Regardless how you define it, buying an Early Access game needs to be an informed decision and today we come here to inform.

We’re going to cover a bunch of topics discussed on the 18th’s Panel From Hell, where Geoff, Swen, Adam and Chris talked in some depth about not just Early Access, but also Avernus, first of the nine hells and the setting of the game’s tutorial.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#61

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

August 25th, 2020, 21:34
Interview with Larian Studios on Baldur’s Gate 3 - Stadia
This week, Larian Studios announced on their Panel from Hell livestream that Baldur’s Gate 3, the next-generation RPG set in the world of Dungeons & Dragons, is launching into Early Access on September 30th. Today, we’re diving deeper into an adventure that gives you unprecedented freedom to explore, experiment, and interact with a world that reacts to your choices.

We caught up with Kieron Kelly at Larian Studios to hear more about the Early Access release of Baldur’s Gate 3 on Stadia.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#62

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 3rd, 2020, 08:40
Some Twitter EA news. Can't embed them on this forum so sorry for the format.
BG3 EA gonna launch with some funky Twitch integration that'll allow you to vote on certain things - bit like what we did in the Panel From Hell but all proper. We'll talk about it, and multiplayer, later. Bringing people together, one roll at a time.

Also, the price will be $59.99. Don't feel pressured to buy it during EA. It's not going to disappear, and neither are we. Eventually, it'll be a very large game. Though EA is 25 hours of one play-through, the final game will be *does brain math* a lot longer.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#63

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 3rd, 2020, 11:22
Early Access RPG Sands of Salazar is getting english translation soon - Steam

--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#64

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,679
Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

Default 

September 3rd, 2020, 11:30
Yeah wrong thread. Only Baldur's Gate 3 news is allowed.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#65

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 3rd, 2020, 13:51
Sorry about that, hangover is killing me.
I thought I'm in your general RPG news thread. The post was supposed to be in there.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#66

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,679
Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

Default 

September 4th, 2020, 01:58
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah wrong thread. Only Baldur's Gate 3 news is allowed.
Ouch!
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
henriquejr is offline

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#67

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 2,531
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

Default 

September 5th, 2020, 01:27
Dropped Frames - Week 247 - Interview w/ Swen Vincke from Larian Studios

loading…
This week JP, Cohh, and Zeke are joined by Founder and game director at Larian Studios: Swen Vincke! We ask him all manner of questions about him, Larian, the games he has worked on, and of course their upcoming game: Baldur's Gate 3!
This is why Baldur's Gate 3 will cost $60 on Early Access - PC Gamer
While this is a $15 increase over Larian's last game, Douse tells me that it reflects the size of the game and the team that designed it. Everything's bigger.

"DOS2 was finished with a much smaller team," he says. "Larian is over double the amount of people now, compared to when DOS2 launched. And BG3 is a bigger, deeper game with far higher production values. So not only did we increase depth, but we actually increased production values alongside it."

$60 for a new PC game is hardly uncommon, though in comparison to other Early Access games it is quite steep. Douse says he's seen very few complaints about paying $60 for a game that isn't finished yet, but he still worries about what he sees as a "perception problem" with Early Access. He argues that the $60 still nets Early Access players a full game when it's ready, and in the meantime the ability to play development builds and help shape the game adds additional value.

"It's better to think of Early Access as a playable preorder," he says. "Though of course it isn't exactly that. Its function is entirely to make the game better through pooling feedback and testing ideas, iterating directly with our audience."
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#68

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 5th, 2020, 20:04
Have they said anything about physical editions? Is it all digital this time round?
Pongo is offline

Pongo

Pongo's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#69

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 1,897
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Default 

September 5th, 2020, 20:26
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
Have they said anything about physical editions? Is it all digital this time round?
Not on the PC but I'm sure the console version will a physical edition.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#70

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 11th, 2020, 07:08
Breaking down Multiplayer & Cinematics in Baldur's Gate 3

loading…
Today we're breaking down our Early Access’ cinematic ambitions, and showing how we're introducing more interactivity through Twitch integration and Stadia Crowd Choice. A huge leap from Divinity: Original Sin’s rock-paper-scissors multiplayer interactions, Baldur’s Gate 3 features 1.5 million words, with fully cinematic dialogues.

Using a mix of performance capture, and bespoke adaptive cameras, the game is able to react to whoever you are, and whatever you do, both in multiplayer or single player. With the addition of streaming integration, even viewers who may not own the game now have a say in your journey. Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access launches on September 30th to Steam and Stadia.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#71

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 23rd, 2020, 19:45
The next community update was posted.

Community Update #7 - Romance & Companionship

loading…
Tl:dr yes you can have sex in Baldur’s Gate 3.

Who you journey with is as important as the journey itself. It shapes you, as you shape each other. Baldur’s Gate 3 aims to take all that binds us together, and offer authentic, reactive relationships from the moment you meet, to whatever eventuality. The road least travelled is best travelled with friends. Each of your companions have their own personalities, goals, and motivations. Bound by the shared problem of an Illithid tadpole buried in their head, they will join your party but you’ll all have to put your differences aside if you want to survive. The exact relationship you have with your companions, already marred by differences, will be shaped by who you are, what you do, who you side with, and what you say in conversation with them. Experience it for yourself as you gather your party on October 6th when Baldur's Gate 3 launches Early Access to Steam and Stadia.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#72

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 27th, 2020, 20:00
Baldur's Gate 3 Class Guide - PC Gamer
Baldur's Gate 3 is Larian's take on Dungeons & Dragons. It's the first Baldur's Gate game in more than 15 years, and both PC RPGs and tabletop ones have changed a lot since Baldur's Gate 2. Larian is using the 5th Edition of D&D, first released in 2014, but you should expect plenty of liberties in the adaptation from pen-and-paper to digital. Some things aren't changing, though—there are real dice rolls, and the character classes are straight out of D&D's rules. Here's what we know so far about the classes you'll be able to choose in Baldur's Gate 3 in Early Access.
Baldur's Gate 3's Playable Races - PC Gamer
Few things are more important in Baldur's Gate 3 than the race you pick. While your class determines how you fight, your race determines how you fit into the various civilizations of the Forgotten Realms. It shapes so much about who you are, where you're from, and how others perceive you. And, just like in Dungeons and Dragons, your Baldur's Gate 3 race also grants you some nifty perks that'll give you an edge in your adventures. Elves, for example, have the perk Fey Ancestry that gives them extra defense against being charmed and are impervious to spells that might put them to sleep.

That's just one ability of one specific race, though. There are nine different Baldur's Gate 3 races to choose from so far—each having their own subraces that sometimes offer even more options to customize your character. And Larian has confirmed more will be added over time. It's a lot to take in, and with Baldur's Gate 3 hitting Early Access, it's worth spending some time familiarizing yourself with the different perks of each so you have a good idea of what kind of character to play. Here's a quick overview of the Baldur's Gate 3 races.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 28th, 2020 at 00:52. Reason: Give me an L
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#73

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 27th, 2020, 20:12
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Baldur's Gate 3's Payable Races - PC Gamer
So the game is now Pay2Win ?????
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
henriquejr is offline

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#74

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 2,531
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

Default 

September 30th, 2020, 13:38
Baldur’s Gate 3: Mind Flayers Explained - The Gamer
Baldur's Gate 3 is the first new entry in the series in almost twenty years, and its focus is shifting away from the Bhaalspawn Saga to a story about Mind Flayers invading the Forgotten Realms.

Mind Flayers are some of the most iconic and powerful villains in the Dungeons & Dragons franchise. Baldur's Gate 2 players have already tangled with Mind Flayers during the Underdark section of the game, and the fact that they have a starring role in the latest entry is a frightening thought. There are a lot of people who have been introduced to the tabletop version of Dungeons & Dragons over the past few years, but they might be lucky enough to have never fought a Mind Flayer. Those poor fools have no idea what they're getting into in Baldur's Gate 3, which is why TheGamer has created a helpful guide to the Mind Flayers and the best options for fighting them in Baldur's Gate 3.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#75

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 30th, 2020, 16:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Baldur's Gate 3 Class Guide - PC Gamer Baldur's Gate 3's Playable Races - PC Gamer
Nice articles. The links are mixed up though.
Maylander is offline

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#76

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen
Posts: 7,355
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

Default 

September 30th, 2020, 16:34
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Nice articles. The links are mixed up though.
Yeah I made two mistakes posting those articles. I was tired and it takes a little effort to embed links. As the forum doesn't have an auto function. Only the news-bits do.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 30th, 2020 at 16:41. Reason: Tired right now as well.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#77

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

September 30th, 2020, 21:10
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
It's usually like that. You're surrounded by epic events, but your party faces all mundane problems. I personally don't enjoy DnD at very high levels, magic and powers get out of proportion, and players get access to trump cards that win every encounter without much thought or consideration, and that's when DnD is at its worst, because you stop feeling the need to be creative to get through the challenges that you find.
Indeed.

One of things I liked, with the original games, is how they split the leveling 1 to 20 in two games instead of cramming it all in a single one. It makes it possible for the in-game worlds to be much more coherent.
vanedor is offline

vanedor

Sentinel

#78

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

October 3rd, 2020, 12:31
Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #8 - Character Creation
What defines you? Is it who you are, or the journey you’re on? In Baldur’s Gate 3, it’s both. Creating a character in Baldur’s Gate 3 isn’t the moment the world decides how to treat you, but it’s the very beginning of the shaping of your story. BG3 is a world with great player agency, and the most important character in that world is you. We’ve created not only a character customization system that allows that player agency to shine, but also a world that constantly reacts to how your character develops.

In BG3 you can start your journey by choosing your race, subrace, background and class. In certain cases you also get to choose a subclass, perhaps a deity. These choices will ripple out across the story, affecting how you roleplay throughout the game.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#79

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great ol'Murica
Posts: 23,876
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

October 3rd, 2020, 12:43
What defines me is the worry that the game requires 150GB of disk space (as indicated on Steam)! Are they going to give a SSD with their game for free?
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#80

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,325
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Baldur's Gate 3 Random News
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:59.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch