Monsters in RPGs

Don't know about the thief series
I still remember with shock when I ran the first or second Thief on my very old machine; I tried to remain unseen while breaking into a well-guarded house, but being the klutz that I usually am, I was seen at a point. The guard yelled blue murder, others came running, scuttled away - and seconds later I was down to one frame per minute, and I realized that the alert had finally reached all guards in the house, that they were duly worried, and that their angst cluttered up my RAM :p. Decent news system. They also did a nice job of looking after each other.

In DMoMM, I made wildlife studies - sat on a ledge, threw a rock just for the sake of throwing something, hit a goblin in the next room... the goblin keeled over, another goblin came, more goblins came, wondering what had happened... they looked around to search for the one who had don eit, one goblin went down on a knee to administer first aid to his fallen comrade.... it was funny to watch :).

In Divinity, the local cat of Aleroth chases and eventually kills Rabbits it can find - and the meant can actually be collected by the character as food.

Here's another quick tip for Divinity: Never, ever kill a cat by accident. Because after that every single kitty kat in the game will be out for blood against you!!! They will chase you until the end of days! LOL!!!!

Yes, that happens with ALL animals in Divvinity ! ;)

Yep, I was in Verdistis in my last play, and accidentally killed a cat ... that caused me some major grief to the point where I reloaded a prior save :)

I have seen some attacking each other in G3!!

I found a side-area when I was heading from the first 'major' town to the second because I heard a slave getting taken apart by some lizards :)

Because, devs and publishers want to access more and more people to increase their profits. (as usual in a normal capitalist economy) And, lots of these gamers are the type that we call 'casual gamer'. And, these people want only fun, easy gaming, they do not enjoy pain like we used to. So, each day devs came with more and more easy games. (ex:compare dificulty in these titles: Gothic 2 and 3, Morrowind and Oblivion) Old times' unforgiving games are out i am afraid.
I'm debating this question all the time: are my gaming skills were increased tremendously that nowadays non of the new released games can not challenged me, or that i mentioned above?

Yeah, can you imagine if say Wiz 8 were released today!! That's one tough game, but I loved it enough to play it twice!!

I honestly loved Wizardry 8 - until the fights became too much for my taste.
I "paused" that game at this point.

Back
Top Bottom