2013 NHL Playoffs Thread

How about what USA did to Russia yesterday? :)

That was crazy I saw the game...... not to take anything away from U.S. they did a fantastic game... but the Russia keeper also really sucked... some of the goals were just....

Wow....and USA got schooled today, hardcore. That was NOT the same team that played Russia earlier this week, lol!! Ahhh well, the gold medal match is now set, should be a great game.

-Carn

Wow….and USA got schooled today, hardcore. That was NOT the same team that played Russia earlier this week, lol!! Ahhh well, the gold medal match is now set, should be a great game.

-Carn

Well, they were probably thinking switzerland would be a breeze compared to russia... they were so wrong....

Going to be one interesting final here in Sweden, I think people from sweden who didn't see the game today still think switzerland is a breeze to us... I am sure they won't be considering what they've done so far this tournament!

At least Sweden won't have Edler.....what a nasty, foul shot he delivered to Staal. He musta thought he was still playing in the NHL to hit like that, lol.

-Carn

Good job US on getting a bronze, nice to remind Euros that North Americans can play the game!!

Next comes the gold.....c'mon Swiss!!

-Carn

ooops, I better report the above post,, it should say c'mon Sweden!!!!!

YEEEEES! 5-1 wasn't really a fair result given how the game played out…. but who cares the gold is back home where it belongs. :)

Shaw should get a Shanaban for elbowing Smith to the head and I'm not even gonna talk about the boarding on Franzen. This is going to be a grueling series for whichever team comes out. I expect the Guppies or the Queens will have a big advantage in the conference finals.

One more win, let's go wings!

It sure is nice to be on the right side of a hot goalie for a change.

One more win, let's go wings!

It sure is nice to be on the right side of a hot goalie for a change.
I've been thinking the same thing. How many times have we gone into a series against some garbage team and made their goalie look like the second coming of Sawchuk...

For you Wings fans, I'd like to point you to an article that's just too funny. Guy that wrote it was on the glass behind J-Ho for game 3 and tormented the piss out of a certain Squawk. His signs made the TV coverage, so this is real.
http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...en-the-glass-behind-the-glass-is-where-its-at
(the site is excellent for Wings fans, BTW, I've become a regular, although mostly lurking)

I didn't realise you were old enough to remember Sawchuk!! :) I actually preferred Plante even though he played for the wrong team for most of his career!!

I didn't realise you were old enough to remember Sawchuk!! :) I actually preferred Plante even though he played for the wrong team for most of his career!!
Never saw him play outside of a few grainy clips, but we've got him in the rafters so there's a certain obligation to know and respect what he's about.

Terry was a superb goalie back when they had much less equipment. Jaques invented the mask and was IMO the single most influential player/goalie of all time; he totally redefined the position. Next were Wayne and Bobby. :)

Wings took a beating tonight. The loss makes Monday a must win IMO. I don't think we will win if it goes 7.

Yeah, that sucked. I didn't expect Chicago to lose 4 straight games though, and it's hard to win when you're outshot by 20.

Wings will finish them on Monday.

Glad to see my B's get the job done!

Back
Top Bottom