Bard's Tale IV - Launch Trailer & Wishlist Unlocked

Got a request for which platform no actual key yet. I much prefer backerkit to crowdox which i absolutely hate.

Yeah, it's a little weird when you have to retake the survey and manually go to the first page of it to choose platform. I got my key in less than a minute once I had done it though.

Yeah, it's a little weird when you have to retake the survey and manually go to the first page of it to choose platform. I got my key in less than a minute once I had done it though.

Same here got my key right away after changing the survey.

Now I wait. Would have been a nice touch to let backers play right away. Oh well.

I hope I grow to like the UI. I was hoping it would get better. I just don’t like the floating UI buttons. The parts don’t cohere. It’s like three different GUI developers worked on it, not showing each other what they did.

I can squint and see maybe how they came to certain decisions on the UI. I’m sure a lot of thought and discussion went into it. I can also envision in my head something more aesthically pleasing.

Regardless, the tactics do look interesting, deep, and fun. The rest of the setting looks great. I think it will be an awesome experience.

The combat and progression look very underwhelming to me, but I'm still considering picking this up because of a couple other selling points…

- 350 voiced NPCs
- 100 celtic inspired soundtracks
- Dozens of puzzles
- Rich story and lore
- Open world with many diverse locations

All that makes it seem like it could be a really good adventure game.

The combat and progression look very underwhelming to me, but I'm still considering picking this up because of a couple other selling points…

- 350 voiced NPCs
- 100 celtic inspired soundtracks
- Dozens of puzzles
- Rich story and lore
- Open world with many diverse locations

All that makes it seem like it could be a really good adventure game.

Don't regard 350 voiced NPC's as a good thing, but the other points are certainly positives.

I like it because it means the world is going to feelvery dense and alive. I'd be worried about the quality of the voiceacting, but they haven't shown anything too terrible.

I like it because it means the world is going to feelvery dense and alive. I'd be worried about the quality of the voiceacting, but they haven't shown anything too terrible.

I agree with that, but then "Over 350 NPC's with unique dialogue" would have sufficed, I wish this trend with full voice overs would go away. Not that it ever will, I'm not stupid enough to believe that. One can wish though.

My only issue with full voiceovers is that it's very expensive. I believe it's necessary for this type of game to stay relevant nowadays though.

Personally, I think paying for voice overs is just a waste of funds. Use text instead, and with those saved monies, give us a much more robust product. Or just use people already attached to the project, you don't need professional voices to hook people in.

Personally, I think paying for voice overs is just a waste of funds. Use text instead, and with those saved monies, give us a much more robust product. Or just use people already attached to the project, you don't need professional voices to hook people in.

While I personally agree with you, the console users and younger PC players want full overs. I can also understand people who want it for the immersion factor. But that would mean listening to all of it, which I'm not interested in, I have little enough time to play games as it is. Reading is so much more time effective.

Looks too colorfull and cartoony, dont know if it looked like that in the first gameplay trailer; anyway 3 more days :biggrin:

Oh you, Carnifex. And it's way more difficult than most people think it is. ( I think Reality Pump actually did that).

As a frequent listener of audio books, I can say without a doubt good voice acting is indeed a talent.

Yep, voice acting is a bit like singing - some people can just do it, but doing it well is not as easy as it seems. You start to realise how much good actors in general rely upon their voice skills.

Let me be clear, I certainly think it's a talent. I have a friend that has done many voice overs for both the History and Discovery channels, and I clearly understand where it comes in handy. I just think computer games could easily go the Walmart route insofar as fees are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom