Baldur's Gate 3 - What To Reasonably Expect

Redglyph

proud GASP member
WolfheartFPS, who is closely following the game's development, gives a summary of the features we can expect in the final release, whenever that may be.

Baldur's Gate 3 - What To Reasonably Expect On Official Release..

• 0:00 Intro
  • 0:36 Acts
  • 1:21 Appearance Customization
  • 2:00 Cost
  • 2:18 Custom Party / Origin Characters
  • 3:51 Connections to BG1/2
  • 4:56 Missing Classes / Subclasses
  • 07:56 Missing Races
  • 08:43 City of Baldur's Gate?
  • 09:21 Multiclassing
  • 09:49 Missing Spells
  • 10:05 Difficulty Levels
  • 10:55 Split-screen
More information.

08:43 City of Baldur's Gate?
He says that Larian said that the we'll visit the city of BG. Does anone has a source on that?

He says that Larian said that the we'll visit the city of BG. Does anone has a source on that?

That's actually the main reason I posted it here since many were wondering about the city. I didn't find any confirmation online, I suspect it was said during one of their Panel from Hell streams.

Well, I think it would be odd if we didn't visit the city in some way. They made it a point to mention it early and often in the first chapter. I've always assumed we would end up there.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a specific section of the city though. Creating the entire city in that engine would be a massive undertaking.

Hmm..What To Reasonably Expect..at this point in time who the hell knows. This game is quickly becoming either the next big RPG or next big RPG flop for many reasons.

I highly recommend reading an interview from two months ago.

One year of BG 3: An adventure in Failure and Success - Gamesindustry.biz
When we talk to him this time around -- shortly after EGX, which marked Larian's return to physical events -- he's actually in Canada, on a tour to visit all Larian studios across the world. Vincke has been catching up with his teams, travelling for an entire month after a year and a half of staying put. And while the obstacles linked to the pandemic are still fresh in his mind, the greatest hurdle the team is facing is linked to the pressure it puts on itself, and nothing else.

"The biggest challenge is just getting everything done," Vincke says. "There's just so much, it's a very large project with a lot of ambitions with an insane amount of permutations, and making sure that everybody will have fun, regardless if you're a cleric of Shar or a Barbarian-Paladin-Druid multi-class.

"In terms of scope, you start with ambitions to do everything and then as the realities of production hit you, you say: 'Maybe not that, maybe not that'. That is the way it works, right? For us this project is certainly the most challenging one that we've done, just because of our sheer ambition of getting the polish level so high."

Hmm..What To Reasonably Expect..at this point in time who the hell knows. This game is quickly becoming either the next big RPG or next big RPG flop for many reasons.

I highly recommend reading an interview from two months ago.

One year of BG 3: An adventure in Failure and Success - Gamesindustry.biz

I remember the article, it didn't really inspire confidence but hopefully they're slightly better at managing a project than what they appear to be with such statements. Or maybe they have unlimited funds after selling the EA at this price ;) The only game that has never been discounted since last year…

I doubt it will be a flop, it's already great in EA.

I never made it into the city in none of the first 2 BG games ... too difficult foes, too few understanding of the rules set on my side, then.

I never made it into the city in none of the first 2 BG games … too difficult foes, too few understanding of the rules set on my side, then.

I don't think the city is in BG2. As for BG1, it's best to look for the original user guide written by BioWare, because the one provided by Beamdog is confusing and does a bad job at explaining the concepts (especially armour and THAC0, which are not intuitive when coming from D&D 3 and later).

*shuffles around*

Ta-Da !

I still have it !

I don't know / remember where I bought it, but I still have it in my gaming shelf … Says it's by "BradyGames". 1998, translated.

I think I should use it.

I think I should *really* try to play this game with this guide !

( I also have a guide for Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR1 and for Drakensang … )

I kept a few manuals out of nostalgia too :)

I've never owned or played the original BG though. It felt strange when I first played BG1:EE and saw what DnD 2nd Edition was; NWN was my first contact with it and it's the 3rd edition.

I still own the original … However, I could never install it originall in full extend, because my HD was far too small for this beast of software … I think there were options to load parts from the CDs.

I don't think the city is in BG2. As for BG1, it's best to look for the original user guide written by BioWare, because the one provided by Beamdog is confusing and does a bad job at explaining the concepts (especially armour and THAC0, which are not intuitive when coming from D&D 3 and later).

I never played BG1 but I'm almost 100% sure that we get to play in Baldur's Gate city in BG2.

I never played BG1 but I'm almost 100% sure that we get to play in Baldur's Gate city in BG2.

Nope. BG2 takes place in the region of Amn which is just south of where BG1 took place. Unless you're using a mod that joins the two games together, you never visit Baldur's Gate in BG2.

I guess it will be both.
I remember the article, it didn't really inspire confidence but hopefully they're slightly better at managing a project than what they appear to be with such statements. Or maybe they have unlimited funds after selling the EA at this price. The only game that has never been discounted since last year.

I doubt it will be a flop, it's already great in EA.
Well I'm getting the same vibes I get from Hollywood blockbusters. Basically to ambitious, way over budget, and constant delays. Frankly I'm being a realist and not an optimist.

So yes it can be both at the same time as well. Also Swen has almost ruined his company many times for money problems. Just watch a few of the older documentary videos.

He always blamed the publisher though.:p

Nope. BG2 takes place in the region of Amn which is just south of where BG1 took place. Unless you're using a mod that joins the two games together, you never visit Baldur's Gate in BG2.

Oh yes, you're right. My mistake here @Redglyph;. We play in Athkatla, which is Amn's capital city. Thing is, Athkatla is kinda big in-game and I mistook it by Baldur's Gate.

My bad here!

Back
Top Bottom