Elden Ring - New Gameplay Footage

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Wccf Tech reports new gameplay footage for Elden Ring.

Elden Ring New Footage Showcases Never Seen Before Enemy

New Elden Ring gameplay footage has been shared online today, showcasing a never-seen-before enemy that looks extremely good.

The new video, shared on YouTube by ER-SA, showcases a powerful knight that's reminiscent of the Dark Souls' Black Knights. In addition to regular weapon attacks, this enemy can unleash some flashy special attacks that look spectacular.

Earlier this week, more Elden Ring gameplay footage providing a better look at Stormveil Castle has emerged online. Location design seems to be extremely intricate, which is quite impressive, considering Elden Ring will be an open-world game with plenty of different locations.
More information.

I was originally going to preorder this, but I've since changed my mind. I have the feeling it's a lot more combat oriented than I believed at first. Plus, there are just too many games coming out this year that I want to play.

I'll still check it out at some point, but I'll wait to see what others have to say about it.

Sometimes I wish I liked Souls-like games. There's a good influx of these games coming year after year, and the AAA ones are visually atractive

I wish I liked this subgenre. Perhaps someday I'll try them for serious. Who knows???

I was originally going to preorder this, but I've since changed my mind. I have the feeling it's a lot more combat oriented than I believed at first. Plus, there are just too many games coming out this year that I want to play.

I'll still check it out at some point, but I'll wait to see what others have to say about it.
I'm a little surprised by this statement. Did this game ever make the impression to be about anything besides combat?

I'm a little surprised by this statement. Did this game ever make the impression to be about anything besides combat?

Did you not follow the game at all? They repeatedly stressed the open-world aspect and how exploration was going to play a major part.

Not that I'm fan of Souls games but from what I heard it seems like Souls fan like other aspects of games too - like lore and fashion.

My hubby enjoyed lore of Souls games a lot. And whenever I ask for games with good outfit variety, people recommend Dark Souls a lot - they call it "fashion souls"

I'd assume people expect similar things from Elden Ring

Did you not follow the game at all? They repeatedly stressed the open-world aspect and how exploration was going to play a major part.

Did they remove the open-world and exploration or did the big knight scare you away? :p

Anyone expecting something vastly different then Dark Souls should of know better. As Elden Ring is just an evolution of the Dark Souls formula by adding an open world.
Sometimes I wish I liked Souls-like games. There's a good influx of these games coming year after year, and the AAA ones are visually atractive

I wish I liked this subgenre. Perhaps someday I'll try them for serious. Who knows???
Me as well as this sub-genre is all the rage right now.:(

Did they remove the open-world and exploration or did the big knight scare you away? :p

I don't doubt that the world is large and open, but those things alone don't guarantee good exploration.

I suspect they emphasized it in an attempt to appeal to more people. It sounded good at first, but I'm not sure if Fromsoft's idea of quality exploration is the same as mine. Like I said, I'll wait to see what others have to say after it's released.

Plus, that knight is kind of scary. ;)

The exploration should be good. Walk around in the various open landscapes, fight monsters, find loot. It should be largely generic open-world RPG content, for the most part.

Where the "From" part comes in will probably feel more like secrets you stumble across rather than puzzles you solve. Like a door that opens from one side to make a shortcut. They spoke earlier about areas that can only be accessed due to weather changes or the time of day. I think they said snow would melt and reveal a cave, but we haven't seen any snow in the gameplay footage. But they've never done any puzzles, only secrets.

You might talk to an NPC who says something extremely vague and vanishes when you leave the area who then appears somewhere else and there's really no trail to follow and feels very random when you meet them again. I used a wiki to help with most of these type of events.

Then there might be keys that don't appear as keys which open doors that don't appear to be doors. For example, having a doll lets you enter a painting or learning a gesture used at the right place teleports you to another area.

That's the type of stuff I'd call "From-like" discovery and I hope we get a lot more tough to find secrets like that but from a game design point of view it's a waste to put so much development time into an area most people won't even see so it makes sense to make them more accessible, which is something they're aiming for with this game.

Still, doesn't hurt to wait and see what people say. I'm sure there will be a decent amount of discussion when it releases.

No, I didn't.

So with more exploration you just would have had to walk longer to find the next enemy? ;-)

But yeah, good exploration makes a game a lot richer and I understand reluctant about this game now.

Not that I'm fan of Souls games but from what I heard it seems like Souls fan like other aspects of games too - like lore and fashion.

My hubby enjoyed lore of Souls games a lot. And whenever I ask for games with good outfit variety, people recommend Dark Souls a lot - they call it "fashion souls"

I'd assume people expect similar things from Elden Ring
That's also new to me. Somewhat hilarious. :D

Like JDR13, I thought this game would be a bit more approachable, lore and exploration version of a Souls game and I was interested in it too. I'm not a Souls fan but I did enjoy Lords of the Fallen, which felt a little easier to play. Anyway, I will keep an eye on this as well... but as others have said I wish there were more games using the very cool aesthetics and settings we see in soulslike games but with a little less difficulty and deeper lore and rpg experiences.

Back
Top Bottom