Divinity: Original Sin II - Split Screen and Skill Crafting

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In Kickstarter update #41 for Divinity: Original Sin II we learn more about playing in split screen, crafting skills and spirit talking:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Update #41: Talk to ghosts! Craft new skills! Play in split screen!

We’re excited to show you a few things we’ve been working on, some that we’ve mentioned already and some that we have not! In this update we’re talking crafting, spirit talk, controllers, split screens and more!
More information.

I've lost any interest I had in this developer or series, personally. DKS was great, but Sin was a step backwards and the sequel seems to be another step back from that. Good for the co-op players though. This was made 100% for them and them only.

I might sounds like a heretic, but while I liked D:OS well enough to have played it for quite a few hours, I don't actually consider it to be the masterwork many here seem to think it is.

On the other hand, the wife got me for my birthday a Steam Link and I am tempted to try it on the TV with two controllers and my significant other. Could be fun.

I guess it is much better for the co-op players. I will be playing 4 player with friends how i plays D:OS with my friends.

I've lost any interest I had in this developer or series, personally. DKS was great, but Sin was a step backwards and the sequel seems to be another step back from that. Good for the co-op players though. This was made 100% for them and them only.

Say what? I play 100% single player and am still looking forward to this title like crazy. The first one was bloody awesome and I have no reason to believe part 2 won't also be.

Controller support? Don't care. Split screen? Don't care. But if people enjoy that, why not.

Now, if they actually made the next game require coop or other forms of multiplayer than I will scowl and scream and swear. But I've a hard time setting that happen, and I'm pretty sure a lot more people will play this game single player than coop. At least on the Watch, and those are the only players I ever listen too... ;)

Say what? I play 100% single player and am still looking forward to this title like crazy. The first one was bloody awesome and I have no reason to believe part 2 won't also be.

Controller support? Don't care. Split screen? Don't care. But if people enjoy that, why not.

Now, if they actually made the next game require coop or other forms of multiplayer than I will scowl and scream and swear. But I've a hard time setting that happen, and I'm pretty sure a lot more people will play this game single player than coop. At least on the Watch, and those are the only players I ever listen too… ;)

Good to hear. Its a shame that you dont have anyone to play it with, I would invite you to my group but my group plays rather "quickly" and with extended sessions and I dont think anyone here likes that.

If you could get a group together it makes the game that much better, especially if you are chatting on discord or something like that. For example the fish monger was a source of great comic relief for our group that played the original, it was simply amazing, everyone enjoyed it, we talked about it for days, then they changed it because it wasnt quite "right". Planning in groups is also fun especially with the elemental system of D:OS, there is always one person in a group that will take reigns as leader but there is always discussion on how to do a battle, sometimes someone has an idea that you didnt think about or vice versa and that is always a fun light bulb moment.

I don't play co-op or multi player at all, and this is a game I'm very much anticipating. I think the idea of that if there is any multi player or co-op features included in a rpg game whatsoever means that it is not suitable for single player, is, well, kind of retarded. Not sure where this philosophy comes from, but its not one I subscribe to.

Notice I did say "rpg game", because I do hold an extremist position on games in other genres such as shooters because if they say they feature co-op or multi player that very often means that is where all the attention in development went to, and how the game is meant to be played, but I don't think this is the same for many rpg games, and certainly not from Larian. They have a well deserved great reputation in the old school rpg community.

I have spent MANY hours with the EA version of this game trying out all the various combinations of characters and teams which is something I have never done before. Every time I have discovered something new. I am EAGERLY awaiting this masterpiece!!

Have you guys decided who is going to make the review or be still my beating heart, reviewS?

No, we haven't discussed it. I would be quite happy to write one, but my problem is that I am a very slow (but thorough) player, so without an early release review copy it will take me a LONG time to finish the game, even though I know part 1 like the back of my hand. :)

I wish there were a lot more Larian like developers out there.
It's scary how much better Larian is than any other RPG developer out there right now. Gaming life would be great if there were a few more RPG devs that were even 80-90% as good as Larian.

No, we haven't discussed it. I would be quite happy to write one, but my problem is that I am a very slow (but thorough) player, so without an early release review copy it will take me a LONG time to finish the game, even though I know part 1 like the back of my hand. :)

I can imagine. Is it possible do you think of having 2 reviews? One from a grizzled veteran of turn based rpgs and another from a player who usually prefers real-time rpgs. I would like to read both on RPGWatch because of how deep your reviews go here.

I can imagine. Is it possible do you think of having 2 reviews? One from a grizzled veteran of turn based rpgs and another from a player who usually prefers real-time rpgs. I would like to read both on RPGWatch because of how deep your reviews go here.

The more reviews the merrier I say.

I played D:OS (both versions) and the EA of D:OS 2 to death. And yet, the game is so deep and wonderful I still find new things to try and new areas to explore. I am looking forward to my hands on the final product. On top of that, people at Larian are just cool. Great developers. My only complain is that they are so slow... I need more games from them....

I played D:OS (both versions) and the EA of D:OS 2 to death. And yet, the game is so deep and wonderful I still find new things to try and new areas to explore. I am looking forward to my hands on the final product. On top of that, people at Larian are just cool. Great developers. My only complain is that they are so slow… I need more games from them….
Last I heard they're working on a 2nd project, alongside D:OS2, using the same engine...but we still haven't heard any info on it yet?

Firstly, Larian is great. I'm still a little concerned about the loss of proper action points, but the game still looks damn good to me.

More importantly, why does the little Larian logo guy with the plunger on his head now have long, flowing hair at the end of the video?

Firstly, Larian is great. I'm still a little concerned about the loss of proper action points, but the game still looks damn good to me.

More importantly, why does the little Larian logo guy with the plunger on his head now have long, flowing hair at the end of the video?

That is just a different colour scheme. The coloured logo is exactly the same design wise. The dark bit is a fireball behind the head, I think.

Its hair from the helmet. Many games have helmets like that.

It's scary how much better Larian is than any other RPG developer out there right now. Gaming life would be great if there were a few more RPG devs that were even 80-90% as good as Larian.

I don't agree with that first statement at all, and I like Larian a lot. I'd probably have them in my top 5, but they're not close to being the best RPG developer. I guess it depends on what you like though.

Back
Top Bottom