What games are you playing now?

I've been playing Tales of Zestiria for the past five days, not sure I'll stick with it as I'm finding it far too actioney for me. I'm enjoying the story a lot, so I might just stick it out for the reason, but the combat is like a full time workout.

*sigh*
Man, ditch that grinder. Play Berseria then watch Zestiria anime on Crunchyroll.

Well I finished it, but that is a game I'll never replay. Made me too afraid to jump right into Bersia, so I fired up Final Fantasy Zodiac instead. I've played about six hours so far and it feels almost like an mmo, although I do like how they do the combat and licenses.

I haven't had much time for gaming lately due to my work schedule, but I recently installed Mass Effect: Andromeda and will probably start that tonight or tomorrow.

Any tips for character creation/development or does the free respeccing make it irrelevant?

Playing Warbanners right now. Fun fantasy tactics game where you control a relatively large party of mercenaries. Very linear with side quest options but most of the scenarios are part of the main campaign. You can choose different mercenaries, from your normal medieval soldier types to mages, priests, dwarven troop and elven troops. Each mercenary can be equipped with 1 artifact and 1 potion, and they level up with choices of stat bonuses or special abilities.

*sigh*
Man, ditch that grinder. Play Berseria then watch Zestiria anime on Crunchyroll.

Speaking of grinders....

I got hooked on Factorio for the last couple weeks. There is a threshold I reach before I want to start over. Usually around oil processing. I enjoy the challenges tho.

I haven't had much time for gaming lately due to my work schedule, but I recently installed Mass Effect: Andromeda and will probably start that tonight or tomorrow.

Any tips for character creation/development or does the free respeccing make it irrelevant?
Get all passives regardless of "class" and get healing per hit from tech tree. The rest is up to you, it's not possible to fail.

I focussed on the damage dealing and defensive passives first for 2 trees (a gun type and either tech or bionics), and then spread out from there when those were maxed.

Still wandering around Avernum III. It's huge. Huge, I tell ya! I remember the previous games being big, but this is something else.

Still wandering around Avernum III. It's huge. Huge, I tell ya! I remember the previous games being big, but this is something else.

I believe it. Finished Escape from the Pit a few days ago. What a loooong game. Probably going to finish the Geneforge series before playing the next Avernum. I need a breather from those caves!

Still playing Final Fantasy: Zodiac Age, and I hope I'm no where near the end. The best comparison I could make would be to Everquest One, where zoning was a big deal and often meant being able to survive a tough battle. The gambit system in this game is quite fascinating, I'm surprised more games didn't use a similar design or, if some did, I'm not aware of them.

Due to my recent schedule, I still haven't started ME:A like I said I was going to. I did install Outcast - Second Contact though just to try it.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed by what I've seen. I only explored the starting area and part of the first region, but I was surpised by how good the world looks and the atmosphere that goes with it.

Anyone who was on the fence about Outcast, or wanted to play it but was put off by how dated and clunky the original game was, needs to get Second Contact.

I'm still wandering around Avernum III, too. Man, it's huge. Due to my lack of gaming time lately, it's rather daunting.
I particularly enjoyed the slime monster sequence, it had some lovely, gross moments. Mmmm,
slime.

Also been trying Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I've owned it for ages, but my laptop won't play it, so it relies on me booting the kids off the gaming computer. Much easier to just dip into Avernum on the lappy, really. :)
In the beginning I thought it was a bit "meh", but now that things have opened up a bit, I'm liking it more and more.

Back
Top Bottom