Best RPGs of the last 40 Years - Infographic of 500+

The list is kinda garbage, but the amount of recognition for the trouble they went through to get it done in here is astonishing :D I hope they had fun doing it and didn't do it "for the gamers", because we are the shittiest, most self entitled collective in the world, and definitely don't deserve anyone's effort.

We judge others by our own standards.

Did someone give the data to wild pigs, and see what they came up with. There is so much wrong with that article; I could go into detail... coffee more important.

Cool idea, terrible execution. No Ultima, or Gold Box/SSI? But then you have MMO's and other crap? C'mon.

Hey, don't fall into that trap! Magz only do this to get clicks!

It's terrible in two ways:

First, this chart isn't based on any empirical data and second, there's a lot of cool stuff missing.

That's hilarious. Another standard raised for gaming journalism. Thanks for saving me from clicking on the link.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed - how did Cyberpunk 2077, VtMB 2, and Outer Worlds get on there?

I wonder if the people contributing to the project have convinced themselves it's perfectly acceptable to include unreleased games because nobody expects either projects to fail, or if it has something to do with the studios making said games.

However, I do see a lot of popular games on this list. That might have something to do with it, too - list only games the general gaming public is aware of and forget the rest.

Back
Top Bottom