HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the first hotfix for Encased:

ENCASED - Hotfix 1

20% discount, new trailer and first post-release hotfix

Since the release of Encased, we have been actively collecting your feedback and working on fixing bugs - both critical and minor - which are impacting the game experience. An updated version is already available for download. If you've not got the game yet, we have a release discount of 20%. You can find out more about the final version in our newest trailer.

Below is the list of fixes. Some notes may contain small spoilers.

Gameplay

• Fatigue recovery increased threefold with all bed types
  • The frequency of attacks on settlements has been significantly reduced
  • Corrected the description of the "Dawn" relic
  • Description of the Atox stimulator has been changed
  • Added progression for buttstrokes
  • Fixed being able to equip the Servoshell while in a Servoshell
Quests and Events

• Fixed the position of the Maelstrom beacon in the First Settlers Camp
  • Fixed Influence check in dialogue with Pepper
  • Fixed completing the "Against All Protocols" quest in case of Monty James' death
  • Fixed some checks in the "Help me" quest
  • Fixed some endings
Transport

• Reworked mechanics of "The Return of Ursula" quest
  • Using the car in the prologue now does not add Fatigue to the character and cannot cause death from it
  • The interaction with the Hog loaders has been temporarily changed
UI/UX

• Clicking the "Store All" button now does not close the container window
  • Clicking the "Store All" button is accompanied by a sound event
  • Esc button correctly closes game windows
  • Improved the responsiveness of clicking on buttons in the quick access panel on the right side of the screen
  • Changed time preview in the time skip window
Translation and Voiceover

• Added many missing translations Note: already improved but still being worked on is the version for Chinese (Simplified)
  • Added Fox voiceover in the Russian version of the game
  • Voiceover bugs fixed; narrator lines added in the English version of the game
  • Fixed subtitles in the intro cutscene
  • Fixed greetings and goodbyes for some characters
Status effects

• Changed the "Restless" status effect
Enemies

• Fixed burning skeleton (added name and description - Pyro-Skeleton)
  • Fixed incorrect behavior of necroids in combat
Bugs and Errors

• Fixed infinite loading when exiting to main menu in the Nashville cave
  • Fixed several types of freezes
  • Fixed access to shelves in Magellan's library
  • Fixed access to some objects on the Abandoned Film Set
  • Fixed the ladder leading from the sewers to the destroyed parking lot in Nashville
  • Fixed freezing when pickpocketing from a character at Concord station
  • Fixed problems with game launching on systems with some types of oriental calendars
Miscellaneous

• Changed the appearance of Clara Morgan in the Unknown Place event
  • Fixed portraits and appearance of some characters
  • Added story illustrations
More information.

Oops, missed that somehow.

Steam put that in the news section instead of the update section, and as usual, nothing on GOG. Not confusing at all :lol:

This is version 1.0.910.0055.

Are you already playing the release, or are you waiting a little bit to make sure the early bugs are solved?

I am not playing it yet. I'm currently playing XCOM2 War of the Chosen (never played XCOM2 with Wat of the Chosen enabled before).
And maybe I'll play ATOM RPG before Encased. Let's wait for Encased to mature a bit more :)

I have about 15 hours into this one so far and am mooching around Magellan Station at the minute.

Very happy with this one so far. The setting and characterisations just click with ne for some reason. I have deferred Pathfinder journey for now whilst so involved with Encased.

I got to Junk town in EA and when official came out restarted but WOTR has almost all my game time now as I prefer to focus on one game, at least when there is something brand new (otherwise I tend to bounce around)>

That being said when I need a little break I am playing Encased. Playing Lobo my melee guy, who I play in many games. I also made a high CHR/PSYCHE guy as my two favorite roles is either the big muscle tank or the charismatic smart guy.

Goes back to the old fantasy tales like Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser. The Big warrior and the small rogue pair up.

I'm probably going to play ATOM-Encased-Trudograd, in that order. That way, both Encased and Trudograd should be a little more polished by the time I get to them.

I'll prefer to play ATOM, Trudogard and only then Encased n that order. If (big *IF*) I don't choose to play XCOM2 once again, after my current run, this time giving a chance to Long War 2 mod which I never played. Since I played the Project Haven demo, I feel like I'm in a "tactical squad" mood :)

I'm currently playing Tyranny before Encased, and the new Pathfinder game needs a sale - and I lost interest in Kingmaker. Never gave ATOM a real chance, maybe someday.

Having said that, I don't know how much I like Tyranny either. I'll play longer and see if it grabs me. Edit: I will say the music is very good and almost the sole reason I'm pressing on...

Last edited:
I'm currently playing Tyranny before Encased, and the new Pathfinder game needs a sale - and I lost interest in Kingmaker. Never gave ATOM a real chance, maybe someday.

Having said that, I don't know how much I like Tyranny either. I'll play longer and see if it grabs me.

Tyranny didn't last terribly long for me. Once the novelty of playing for the bad guy faded, the game just felt very shallow and I didn't like its ruleset.

(…) the new Pathfinder game needs a sale (…)

Agreed, perhaps by Christmas/end of the year, who knows? I can wait a few months before getting it.

You'd probably want to wait that long anyways. It seems there are a few fairly serious bugs right now.

Hi Long War 2! What's up? How are you doing? :p

Back
Top Bottom