StarCrawlers Chimera - Announced for 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
StarCrawlers Chimera has now a Steam page:

StarCrawlers Chimera

A lucrative offer. A simple job. Infiltrate Chimera.
The Client wants you to enter the Chimera BioPharma complex and find Dr. Cerberus.
Being a morally-ambiguous mercenary type with a unique skill set and a need for credits, this seems like a good idea.

Build your character from a variety of skill trees inspired by the StarCrawlers universe, grab some gear, and jump in. Grow your power and level up to unlock new abilities, gear, and secrets as you fight your way into the Chimera building.

Key Features

• Wage tactical turn-based RPG battles against futuristic enemies.
  • Procedurally-generated floors provide new challenges and rewards.
  • Choose your own difficulty mode - with optional permadeath.
  • 100+ abilities and 25+ skill trees to customize your play style with Muscle, Guile, and Intellect skills.
  • 20+ different enemy types and rare spawns with unique abilities and loot.
  • 20+ weapons of different rarities ranging from plasma rifles to carbonite blades to scintillating donuts.
  • 30+ items of gear to stop your insides from becoming outsides.
  • More features added with each new content patch!
Thanks Porcozaur!

More information.

StarCrawlers was really fun, a solid game with old school tough tactics, and better, more current graphics. I'm all onboard with a sequel, this should be good!

It was fun for thirty minutes and then I was bored. Sums up my experience.:cool:

Took me 10 h but then was the same. You can do nice builds and the different chars have nice synergies, but the levels are just too samey.

I agree about the levels, but what really irked me is that you can't save during missions, or at least that's how it was when I played it. Not sure if that was ever changed.

i finished starcrawlers with 2 different parties to check different skills....that sums up my experience ;)

It was fun for thirty minutes and then I was bored. Sums up my experience.:cool:
+1 but I tried a few hours.

A guess, players that aren't very focused on min/max can hardly like it much, combats are no way good, only the building seems. For exploration, mood, writing, I didn't quote anything achieving stick me in.

Summary of the trailer: We see the starbase toilet and shower areas with help of EPIC moving camera. Someone farts a green gas filling one of the rooms and before that someone else sneezed green goo on the floor, which forms monsters who begin to attack!

On par with today's most unappealing trailers..

Looking forward to this; the skill originality and variety in Starcrawlers was some of the best I've ever encountered. The best turn-based blobber since M&MX.

Looking forward to this; the skill originality and variety in Starcrawlers were some of the best I've ever encountered. The best turn-based blobber since M&MX.
I enjoyed it quite a lot MMX, despite the flaws I would admit. Not sure what's "best blubber" but for me, Bard's Tales 4 is better overall, despite the excessive amount of puzzles.

Otherwise, I believe this genre dead. It needs to evolve either to a Darkest Dungeon system and develop it or make new variations, either to something like some Wizardry, turn-based, but not front to front, instead of with combats from all fronts and ranges.

EDIT:
I corrected your post quote, grammar nazi on the bench, but at least the nazi do it for you, ain't this cool?

EDIT:
"instead of with combats"?
"I enjoyed it quite a lot MMX"?
Lol, English is a very weird language. :)

EDIT:
Post validated by Grammarly.

Looking forward to this; the skill originality and variety in Starcrawlers was some of the best I've ever encountered. The best turn-based blobber since M&MX.

You realize this isn't a blobber like the first game right? Grid-based movement, but it's only a single character this time.

You realize this isn't a blobber like the first game right? Grid-based movement, but it's only a single character this time.

Oh. :( Terrible decision on Thunderflux's part; what made Starcrawlers stick out was that it was a turn-based blobber in a sea of single player / grimrock games.

I read here and sometimes I wonder what has happened....

Oh. :( Terrible decision on Thunderflux's part; what made Starcrawlers stick out was that it was a turn-based blobber in a sea of single player / rimrock games.
It's not that TB single character is a common type of game. I see no reason to make a distinction with such a TB first-person dungeon crawler. Ok, the party is a party, but in TB a single character could have many action choices and a more complex character building that can rival a party with simpler character building for 4 characters.

With a grid top/iso view that's a lot different because positioning is a deep aspect. With the front to front approach and party in the same place, the positioning aspect of each character is a minor element, hence, in that sub-genre, party and single character don't make a huge difference.

Despite I didn't enjoyed (yet?) the first, this won't stop me check the second, at least if the dev achieves release a Mac version.

I tried to make a list of this subgenre but turn based, and for sure it's short. I quoted:
- StarCrawlers
- Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
- Aeon of Sands - The Trail
- The Bard's Tale IV
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun
- StarCrawlers Chimera
And some tried to adopt the RTwP approach:
- The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
- Vaporum: Lockdown (?)

That's very short even if for sure it's not a complete list.

It will be shit, like the first one. I tried the first one and I have uninstalled it after 2 hours. It was the most boring blobber experience I have witnessed in my entire life. Even Japanese blobbers are way better than this.

Yeah it's good for what it is, whatever this abomination is...

Back
Top Bottom