Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Last DLC Reviews - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Last DLC Reviews

Default Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Last DLC Reviews

July 26th, 2019, 12:29
Some reviews for the last DLC released for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.

Destructoid

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Fate of Atlantis has been one of the more consistent DLC storylines in the history of the series. All of the folks who have been holding off for a full Game of the Year edition have a lot to look forward to, and those of you who have been waiting to see if the entire saga was worth it can safely pull the trigger.
Noobfeed

The Fate of Atlantis is a great improvement from Legacy of the First Blade. Providing a varied selection of areas to explore, items to earn, and enemies to defeat. With each episode adding 2-hours worth of story content alone and about 1-hour of optional missions. You'll leave The Fate of Atlantis with more powerful items and a better understanding of Alexios' heritage but Layla won't have the same treatment. With her adventure feeling painfully underwhelming after building up for something big.
GameReactor

It's a good thing, then, that most of the expansion takes place inside the Animus and its reality-bending world. As Atlantis is a city made and inhabited by Isu you'll come across some new enemy types that are more than happy to use magic or supernatural abilities against you, which definitely increases the challenge, especially for those of you who jump straight into The Fate of Atlantis without playing the other expansions. Fortunately, you'll also get a few new weapons, armour pieces, and abilities to play around with. We aren't the only ones who've enjoyed dodging and parrying at the right time to enter slow-motion, so some of the new time-bending abilities and special effects from the armour sets are sure to make your dream of becoming a superhero come true. Just don't get too confident, as some of the bosses and elites will have no problem showing you why the Isu have survived all these years.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 16:41
Just make a fantasy game. And stop marking and listing every fucking thing on the map. Discover a ruin? A helpful pop-up chart shows you there's 2 treasure chests inside before you even open the door! Why? It kills all sense of danger and discovery.

They need to just make different games. Keeping the AC "sci-fi" stuff holds this game back from being good.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 18:11
AC Odyssey is my favorite or the hundreds of PC games (mostly RPGs) I have played in the 40 years I have been playing PC games from Wizardry I through PS:T to now. It's amazing in many ways.

I rarely purchase DLC for games because they feel like add-ons which do not seem to add much to the experience but I purchased this one and look forward to playing it.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 18:54
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
Just make a fantasy game. And stop marking and listing every fucking thing on the map. Discover a ruin? A helpful pop-up chart shows you there's 2 treasure chests inside before you even open the door! Why? It kills all sense of danger and discovery.

They need to just make different games. Keeping the AC "sci-fi" stuff holds this game back from being good.
Play on exploration mode and don’t use your bird. It sucks to have to put restrictions on yourself but it takes care of your problem.

They should have just made the bird able to scout stuff it could actually see rather than highlighting chests deep in a cave. I assume it would have been pretty easy to implement a line of sight mechanic. They could’ve even made it a toggled feature.

Despite that it is a pretty fun game though.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

July 28th, 2019, 11:17
I have the original and loved it and want to play these DLC but the season pass is very expensive on its own, more so than the main game….

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

July 30th, 2019, 12:34
It took me 101 hours to beat Origins, finished it just a month ago. I see this one can offer content for well above 150 hours. Jesus Christ…

srabuseen

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 30th, 2019, 12:53
Cmon, people waste thousands of hours on lootbox: the game on phones or on milking mmos.
100+ hours of quality compared to those schemes is IMO both time and $ well spent.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)

July 30th, 2019, 21:21
I'm not sure Jesus Christ foresaw the age of video games.

Originally Posted by srabuseen View Post
It took me 101 hours to beat Origins, finished it just a month ago. I see this one can offer content for well above 150 hours. Jesus Christ…

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

July 25th, 2020, 16:26
Sorry to necro this thread but Steam is having a big sale on ACO and there are like four options to buy. I just got a new computer and am ready to try some games that have higher specs to play.

I see the base game takes like 100 hours but if people think the Gold and Ultimate editions are worth it, I have no problem getting them because of the huge price drop.

How annoying is U-Play and the other DRM protections built into this game? It's 67% off so I could spend between 20 to 40 bucks.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

July 25th, 2020, 17:07
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Sorry to necro this thread but Steam is having a big sale on ACO and there are like four options to buy. I just got a new computer and am ready to try some games that have higher specs to play.

I see the base game takes like 100 hours but if people think the Gold and Ultimate editions are worth it, I have no problem getting them because of the huge price drop.

How annoying is U-Play and the other DRM protections built into this game? It's 67% off so I could spend between 20 to 40 bucks.
I never buy Ubisoft games from Steam since you still have to run Uplay anyways. I just purchase a Uplay key directly from the store or a third-party site.

Uplay isn't a big deal. It's generally just as clean and fast as Steam is. I don't like the idea of having to run both of them simultaneously though. That said, it's probably not a huge hassle.

As far as other DRM, I think it has Denuvo. I don't pay much attention to that because I've never had any issues with it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
+1:

July 25th, 2020, 17:31

I see the base game takes like 100 hours but if people think the Gold and Ultimate editions are worth it…
Deluxe no.
Gold yes.
Ultimate no.

Gold is the complete actually playable content version. Deluxe and Ultimate add useless stuff and cosmetics - keep $5 you pay for these for some beer and snacks.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
+1:

July 25th, 2020, 17:59
Nice I will get the gold edition.
--

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

+1:

July 25th, 2020, 20:47
Nice I will get the gold edition.
Not sure if you've already purchased it, but just to let you know, it's also on sale at the Ubisoft store for the same price as the Steam version.

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?lang=…&source=detail

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
+1:

July 26th, 2020, 00:16
I forgot I had a Uplay account for Might and Magic 10. Yeah I got it on Steam too late. Is kinda stupid to have Steam running to play this. Oh well.
--

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Last DLC Reviews