Need help to reinstall Wizardry 8

rjstf

Traveler
I had my PC restored after a malware attack and then discovered I had a bad scratch on disk one, Wizardry 8, serious enough to prevent installation.

I still have disk three, which I think is the play disk. I've noticed sites on the web that offer Wiz 8 downloads. Does anyone know of any of these that will work together with a play disk?

Disk 1 is the play disc. You probably won't get any pirating info from this site.

I don't think it's pirating since there's no way to buy that game new. If only they can re-release it on gog.com. But, I think Wizardry rights are now at the hands of a Japanese firm, so that seems unlikely.

But, I think Wizardry rights are now at the hands of a Japanese firm, so that seems unlikely.
The Japanese firm has a licensing agreement that gives them full rights to produce Asian market releases, but they don't actually own the IP. I forget which company actually picked up that piece of the Sir-Tech corpse, but I seem to remember them stating back when it happened that they had zero intentions of doing anything with it.

Back
Top Bottom