RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Morning Men

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The end of the Gamescom articles series is nearing (although there are still a few to cover) and today's article is about Morning Men, a story driven episodic J-RPG.

Morning Men will be released in episodes, with the first episode being planned for the 22nd of November. All episodes will be roughly the same size, but next episode will also include feedback from gamers, so the size might differ depending on that feedback. Currently they are considering at least three episodes. Each of the episodes will be stand-alone, so it can be bought separately from the other ones. Each of the episodes will have a beginning and an end, but there is also an overarching story covering all three of the episodes. If you happen to play episode 1, followed by episode 3, you will get some information, like characters sharing their memories of what happened in episode 2. You can take your character from episode to episode, and your skills will carry over to the new episode. However, you can also opt for starting each episode with a new character, in which case that character will get a stock set of skills and items.
More information.

Last edited:
Here is our next Gamescom article...

Thanks for the preview!
It looks kind of like a low budget Sepultura Core. I really liked that game, but it had no episodes, and at first glance Morning Men seems to have more limitations. I'll watch this one, but I'm not sure its for me.

Back
Top Bottom