Dragon Age 2 - Demo Questions?

I can do nothing but agree Myrthos.

I just cant stop laughing my ass off at the bioware forums. There full of nothing but members that take offense it you have a problem with any of there games. I used to love posting in the old boards but now I cant stand the social website and the way the forums have become.

So somewhere something is said about a demo and that creates 100+ pages of posts on the Bioware forums in no time about a demo that does not exist yet?

There are two threads now. One is closed and reached 103. The other is still going on and counts 83 pages at this moment. I must say I, like you, have problems understanding what's driving those people, why they're so excited all day, agitated, frenzied. I have been reading post after post over there, in order to figure it out, I still don't get it.

As I understand Feb 1st was special to a lot of people, something they had been looking forward to for a long time.
When people learned that there was merely an announcement regarding the Dragon Age Legends closed Beta test people were highly disappointed.

As fatale-sirens said on page 72:
Wow. That was a huge let down. Almost a years worth of hype for a Facebook game that's still in beta.

Discussion went on and on. I won't bore you with it.

David Gaider, Bioware, came and said in a different thread:
(…) they've* been playing the game and are simply only getting time to get so far into it?

We will, in fact, be putting out that demo. On March 8th.

In terms of if and when there will be any other sort of demo, you will have to wait and see. We haven't said aye or nay at this point.

* the press

Because so many people still think there's a demo he says in the other thread on page 73:
Um.

READ WHAT I SAID

The journalists were playing the entire game, which is the "demo" that the person in that thread wanted released. So I said, yes, THAT demo would be coming out… on Mar. 8th.

Our release date.

gawd

And he also says, somewhere else:
We don't normally put out demos for our games, but if there's in fact one for DA2 you'll all hear of it eventually.

AlexXIV explains over there
He clearly wrote that those who supposedly played a demo (previewers) did actually play the actual game and not a demo version. And he said THAT demo (which is actually the game itself) will be out March 8th. If people read anything else into it, it's hardly David's problem. Only takes a bit of thought and humor to know what he was going on about.

=========================================================

This must be bigger news than what is happening in Egypt.
Apparently.

I can't see what Dhruin did to deserve being sent hate mail. His newsbit is clear enough and I for one think no mistake has been made from his side.

Even if he'd made a mistake (which isn't the case), hate mail is out of line.

Consider me not excited.
I don't care much for DA2. I bet this is just another way to create HYPE.

Just going on record as saying this is real. Bioware actually sent out some flyers to gamestops offering to let the employees in on the Demo early.

Just going on record as saying this is real. Bioware actually sent out some flyers to gamestops offering to let the employees in on the Demo early.

Must be one of the nice perks working at gamestop. My friend worked there years ago and was allowed to take any used game home to play as long as he returned it. They need those perks for being one of the worst companies to work for.

It's perfectly understandable to be excited about a game, unless you are one of those jaded individuals.

Dhruin's wording of the news made it seem like there's strong evidence we're dealing with a hoax here, which is incorrect. People have been posting about receiving the EA newsletter that mentions the demo on the Bioware forums, even direct links to the pictures on the EA servers.

Of course posting hate messages or sending hate mails is the wrong way to go about it and only serves to give all Bioware fans a bad rep.

Back
Top Bottom