Divinity Rediscovering Divine Divinity…

Divine Divinity and Other games
I asked for tips, not exploits. :lol:

I didn't even know I could travel that far from the starting town yet. I've cleared the area around the town just short of the bridge, and every level of that first dungeon except the bottom. That final dungeon level is a real bitch though, so I guess I might do some more exploring after all.

I have to invest in the Poison Weapon skill before I can poison arrows I assume?

I've heard varying opinions on the Wisdom skill. Some have said it's not worth it.

Should I bother putting any points into Identify?

I dont remember what that skill did specifically, but in general skills that only speed up levelling or grant extra XP aren't worth it in games. The extra points you get are cancelled by having to invest points in wisdom or whatnot. Better put points into something that actually is used. This goes for games like HoMM as well.

That's it, installing again :)

This was an A for me when I played it the first time, early 2000's, and haven't even loaded it since.
I did play BD a couple of years ago as I did not get into it when first out, it was OK but I got to a dead end in a series of labs with no idea how to get out.

I need to replay it one day to see that my song and name is still there. :D

I was shocked when I saw that in-game. :D

Divine Divinity is a fun game. Need to play it more but it has that classic handmade feel to it and the addictive exploration. :)

I tried installing an playing DD last night but was completely put off by the brutal load times, in-game lag, and overall game performance. My rig is pretty relevant technically, its not old by any means, very good nVidia video card, fairly recent i7 quad core CPU, 8 Gb RAM ... I'm very stingy when it comes to crap running in the background, so I don't know why DD ran so poorly ...

I had weird lag on 2 different computers, too. Can't remember how I fixed it on the first computer, but usually I can figure things out with some Google researching. Try that and see if you can find some leads. It might take time and effort but usually you can fix the issue and play a sweet game like Divine Divinity. :)

I don't remember load time being bad at all for DD. Never cared for the graphics (too easy to miss stuff); even when it first came out. I remember writing two comments (via email) to Larian (this was around 2003). One was that the graphics were low resolution and wanted to know if there was a way to improve the resolution; the second was a bug. The next day (talk about fast turn around). I got a comment that the graphics couldn't be changed and a patch to fix the bug.

I'm late to the party, but do yourself a favor and run in Software mode. The game runs lightyears faster as the DX optimization was done by monkeys :)

I started playing it again on a very high end machine and it crawled till I switched.

Back
Top Bottom