Suggest Some Space Games

T

Toff

There isn't very many space games it seems. Suggest me a few that are not civ-like and are not RTS.

I know about Mass Effect but what else is worthy of a spot on the wishlist?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "space games", but I assume you mean sci-fi in general. You also didn't mention a specific genre.

That said, I have to mention Dead Space 1&2 once again. Those games were truly a memorable experience for me.

After that, I'd say the Star Wars Jedi Knight series and/or Star Trek: Elite Force 2.

How about Knights of the Old Republic? I played it some years back and thought it was quite fun. Classic BioWare stuff.

Freelancer, if you're looking for a game where you fly a spaceship. It's weird that there used to be so many of them, but now they're primarily an indie/small studio thing.

The whole X series would fit the bill nicely, me thinks.

The best space games: The Space Quest series for sure!

Not RTS ? Well, that makes it hard …

Star Wars : Empire At War could be one, because it is turn-based on 2D maps.

A very weird specimen is Disney's "Treasure Planet" game : It's called "The Battle Of Prokyon", and it is an RTS with 3D ships in the Treasure Planet style on 2D maps, made by the team which did "Homeworld : Cataclysm" before. I've never seen a game like this. Especially regarding its unique "Treasure Planet" style of Victorian Age space-ships
( where you should take the word "space-ship" literally ! ).

Thanks all, I have a ton of interesting games on my wishlist now. Easily more than I will ever play.

... especially if you get an X game. You can burn 600 hours easy on just one of them. ;)

As mentioned, spaz !

As you're in a fps mood. Get a copy of freespace 2. I belief there is an updated engine by the community

Give Star Wolves 1 and 3 or Space Rangers 2 a try.

Masters of Orion 2 is a great space game.
Graphics are bit old, but they still work well enough.

Combat is great tactical turnbased combat with ships you can build from scratch.

The AI is quite smart and plays very well.

Or

http://www.gog.com/game/nexus_the_jupiter_incident

About: At the dawn of the 22nd century the conquest of space and the colonization of the solar system has been taken over by several huge and ambitious megacorporations. Although extremely delicate and vulnerable, a balance is maintained by these companies. It has now been 60 years since the terrible catastrophe that befell Noah's Ark, the first colony ship of mankind.
On the very edge of the solar system the companies make a discovery which will shift the technological advantage and upset the balance. And so a new conflict is born: "The Jupiter Incident". You are Marcus Cromwell, a young but already famous captain. With your legendary spaceship Stiletto you find yourself in the middle of the conflict.
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is one of the few examples of a TFS: a Tactical Fleet Simulator. The strong, elaborate story takes you from mission to mission and allows different approaches. It’s up to you which tactics you choose to bring each mission to a successful conclusion, although you can lose a battle and still go on to keep fighting in the war. A reward system enables you to repair, upgrade and enhance your ships depending on the approach you chose. Mission briefings let you roam through an unbelievably accurate 3D animated star map system.
Are you up to the challenge of saving a galaxy?
Can't get enough of Nexus? Why not check out our Mod Spotlight for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident!

Back
Top Bottom