General News - Aversion Sunrise

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Palindrome Interactives new game Aversion: Sunrise has been featured on the Square-Enix Collective (where fans can submit feedback to help developers). The game itself is a turn-based strategy game with RPG elements inspired by XCOM and Divinity: Original Sin. Althrough the rule system itself is more closely modelled after Warhammer 40k board game.

Aversion: Sunrise is a single player tactical turn-based strategy game with strong RPG elements, set in a grim science-fiction setting. The game takes place during the 27th century, during an era of war and chaos in the galaxy. The Terrene alliance of Mars, Terra and Luna have engaged in an all out conflict with the mysterious Meyrin, and ancient mystical race that have started to creep into the Solar system.

Features

• Challenging squad based combat:
    The combat in Aversion: Sunrise is fast, brutal, and unforgiving.The surviving members of the Sunrise will have to use every weapon and ability at their disposal to fight against the alien threats - be it with flamethrowers, machine guns or psychic powers.
  • Adaptive gameplay:
    The game will let the player approach objectives in many different ways, both on the combat map and on the campaign map. Each character has access to both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon and will have to swap between these in order to counter the different threats. A tactician's mind and careful strategic planning will be the key to victory.
  • Ability-centric gameplay:
    Aversion brings back the RPG aspect of turn based strategy games. Smart use of your abilities are key to your survival - and using abilities in synergy with each other will allow your characters to pull off awesome combos that will clear the map of any hostiles in sight. Beware however, that abilities can come with both long cooldowns and limited charges, so make sure to make the most of them.
  • Character development:
    Form a strike team by choosing four members from your crew, each with a unique set of skills and weaponry. The game will feature massive choices in how the player may choose to develop these - with each character having 243 different ways to be specced!
  • Hard choices, tough calls
    Aversion: Sunrise is not a fairytale; throughout the game the player will be tested again and again. Not everyone will live to see the Sunrise. When you are in a position where you can't save everyone, whom do you choose? Will you save the medic or the engineer?
More information.

I'd say that the "mood" of the trailer doesn't work at all.

After watching it I feel nothing about the game. I am not exited, thrilled or anything.
The graphical style and the music were somewhat generic and didn't fit with the gameplay at all.
And of course they didn't get it right calling it strategy as it pretty much looks like a tactics game.

However the combat looked like Divinity: OS and could be pretty cool.
Not too sure about the meta...if it's just random missions in fake decisions as it was done in early 90s with Dune 2 and C&C well then...meh. But if it has some meta, that could be cool. But I guess in that case they would have presented in the video.

I want it.
Of course, the better title would be "Tequilla Sunrise" but then Hollywood would sue them. :(

When? Not even a target year is given.

The developers have been very active on their Collective page each week by giving the community some amazing looking concept art, and adding a poll each week regarding mechanics they should keep / remove from the game. The current poll is live here so don't forget to vote! These elements have allowed for the game to gain some crucial feedback towards their final game and allows for a stronger crowd funding campaign.

If you think that Aversion: Sunrise is something you'd be interested in then remember to place your vote here before it's gone!

If you guys want to give some feedback to the devs feel free. They would welcome it.

my feedback:

the game looks great...definitely something i would want to pick up...

1) surely not an ancient mystical race of spiky dinosaurs
2) the last "dangerous enemy" looks like a flying motorcyclist from the future
3) kind of like that fluorescent orange green red against black background, but it isn't used much in the appearance of the PC's...just their highlight circle. i personally think giant overly colored highlight circles is somewhat tacky. i prefer a more subtle approach to distinguishing units.

Back
Top Bottom