Legends of Eisenwald - Post-Funding Update #44

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aterdux Entertainment has posted a new post-funding update for Legends of Eisenwald with news the third campaign is ready for download.

New chapter Run Away is out! And other news

We are happy to report that the chapter 3 of the main campaign called Run Away is out! On Steam now but soon we will put it on Desura and make a DRM-free version as well. The detailed list of what has been done in this patch you can find here.

Plans

We will spend some time fixing possible bugs that will arise now but then we are planning to work more on finishing the programming part of the game. Special effects are being done, interface is being redesigned and we are working on testing and balancing the remaining scenarios.

Next big patch that is going to come out soon is the Editor, many players were asking us if they can create scenarios, and with this great tool it will be possible to do that. We think first there will be quite a few scenarios in a sand box style. And maybe then someone brave will take on a story. It would be fun to see, for sure!

As for other news, we moved to a new office and finally settled in here and even celebrated this move with making a patch :) New office is bigger, Internet here is faster and that's more fun overall. We will post soon a few pictures what it looks like now.
More information.

Truely cannot wait to play but i just dont dare to play a pre gold game. I want to enjoy to the max. Anyone here that has been playing the game with version 0.905 ?

Haven't played it since having a look at the early beta. My thought is that it's best to wait until gold, unless you are one of those people who like to test and give feedback on unfinished games. It does look promising though.

It looks really good. This should be just about ideal gameplay for me. I guess I'd prefer if the combat was more RPG-ish and less strategy game-ish, but I love this kind of tactical combat a map grid. The only thing that might suit me better would be Jagged Alliance 2 style only medieval approach. That'd be super cool. But who am I kidding? 15 years, and nobody serious has even bothered to try to do a modern version of Jagged Alliance 2. So, this will have to suffice. Hopefully they'll be able to make it interesting and challenging enough that it'll have long term appeal.

Next big patch that is going to come out soon is the Editor, many players were asking us if they can create scenarios, and with this great tool it will be possible to do that. We think first there will be quite a few scenarios in a sand box style. And maybe then someone brave will take on a story. It would be fun to see, for sure!

Yeah, sure it would be fun to see. I've been waiting over a decade to see some player made full conversions that are worth a damn. Maybe this game will be the first to spawn some non-garbage player made game content. It could happen. You never know. In the meantime, I'll stick with simple mods such as retextures and player housing.

Back
Top Bottom