Gravia Tactics - Funding Goal Explanation

aries100

SasqWatch
The developers of this game has updated their Kickstarter page with an explanation of their funding goal.

Here's the explanation for why they have set the funding goal for £100.000:

With that in mind, we've been asked a few times why we've set such a high funding goal. The honest answer is that this is the minimum amount that we need to be able to deliver a game worthy of your attention, on time and within budget. We could cut out voices, animated sequences and halve the story and ask for half the amount, but then the game we'd be delivering would only be half the quality. That's something we didn't want to do and believe wholeheartedly that fans of the genre wouldn't want either.
You can also get an inside into the budget for the game as the developers have broken down the budget into what they are planning to spend on say salaries, sound effects and VAT.

More information.

Go ahead and cut voice acting. Please. I think the last game I played where I wanted to listen to voices was Fallout 2, which used them sparingly and only for main characters.

Unfortunatly I think this is another unrealistic kickstarter :(

I'd love to see such a game thought.

Unfortunatly I think this is another unrealistic kickstarter :(

I'd love to see such a game thought.

Yeah, it's a long shot, but their explanation for the high goal does makes a lot of sense. It's not completely unheard of for an unknown developer to get these kinds of funds for this type of game; Soul Saga got $195K. I imagine promising it for a bunch of consoles had something to do with it. Looks like Gravia Tactics is currently PC only and this is the type of game that appeals more to console gamers.

Back
Top Bottom