What games are you playing now?

I have numerous complaints about Divinity: Original Sin, and yes, the characters you are allotted to play are among some of my issues with that game, most notably the second. However, the problems I have with the characters would be far down in my list of issues.

Playing Stardew Valley multiplayer. It runs smoothly and there are so much new contents!!!

Gathering allies for a big battle in W3.

Looks like the end is relatively near. Story remains interesting and engaging. Gameplay remains dull and almost like an afterthought - but at least I don't have to invest anything to get to the next story exposition sequence. I haven't upgraded my gear in ages - and I haven't needed anything else in terms of power. I just blast stuff with Igni or roll around a bit. Quite the "Death March" :)

Even so, it's a strangely pleasant experience. Almost like watching quality TV with the occasional interaction bits.

Tons of little quirks and glitches are starting to add up, though - but it's not a big deal. I had an extended sequence with two Yennifers at her Megascope - with one of them examining it whilst another one was talking to me. At another time I had Geralt say he would go talk to the baron again and ask for Uma:

This was after he killed himself.

Considering the impact of that particular character moment - that wasn't the game's finest hour.

I'm really, really annoyed that CDPR have decided to turn Geralt into such a wuss where Yen is concerned.

Is he that submissive in the books as well?

The Yen/Geralt interactions are really the first time I've felt absolutely counter to the character I'm playing, which isn't great in an RPG.

Also, some of it feels inappropriately modern and almost like a soap opera.

Anyway, I'm probably nitpicking a little. It's just a little weird considering the praise this game is getting in terms of the overall story.

That said, the vast majority is still good - but not THAT good.

Played a few minutes of 3030 Deathwar Redux. I was a fan of Star Rangers 2 and this seems like that game at times, on steroids + Food of the Gods growth hormone. It has a lot more of everything yet much of the artwork is charmingly retro, heavily influenced by the old Lucas Arts point and click adventure games (space traveling and battles are top down view a la Space Rangers 2 or maybe closer to the old Mac game Escape Velocity style but with much MUCH more happening, on screen and otherwise. I think I saw one screen with at least 200 elements/other ships/space stations buzzing around my craft). Been playing it with my Xbox One controller on my 43" smart TV. It works well as something to just chill on your couch with.

Witcher 3 has some really great, haunting music. I especially found the soundtrack during the 3 witches stuff, especially in cut-screen showing close-ups of their portraits (when they're in babe form), good. The title screen music when you have all DLC installed is memorable and dark.

Also wanted to mention that 3030 Deathwar Redux has a great original soundtrack too, mostly consisting of dreamy Jap-pop-esque songs with female vocals.

Gathering allies for a big battle in W3.

Looks like the end is relatively near. Story remains interesting and engaging. Gameplay remains dull and almost like an afterthought - but at least I don't have to invest anything to get to the next story exposition sequence. I haven't upgraded my gear in ages - and I haven't needed anything else in terms of power. I just blast stuff with Igni or roll around a bit. Quite the "Death March" :)

Even so, it's a strangely pleasant experience. Almost like watching quality TV with the occasional interaction bits.

Tons of little quirks and glitches are starting to add up, though - but it's not a big deal. I had an extended sequence with two Yennifers at her Megascope - with one of them examining it whilst another one was talking to me. At another time I had Geralt say he would go talk to the baron again and ask for Uma:

This was after he killed himself.

Considering the impact of that particular character moment - that wasn't the game's finest hour.

I'm really, really annoyed that CDPR have decided to turn Geralt into such a wuss where Yen is concerned.

Is he that submissive in the books as well?

The Yen/Geralt interactions are really the first time I've felt absolutely counter to the character I'm playing, which isn't great in an RPG.

Also, some of it feels inappropriately modern and almost like a soap opera.

Anyway, I'm probably nitpicking a little. It's just a little weird considering the praise this game is getting in terms of the overall story.

That said, the vast majority is still good - but not THAT good.

Yeah, I also had a number of glitches as well. People sleeping under thier beds and other weird stuff. It didn’t bother me too much. I just ignored it like I did the occasional flying horse in skyrim.:lol:

As for the main quest I thought it was just ok. Gather 3 allies and fight the bad guy, pretty much. Maybe some of the side quest were just so good that the main quest didn’t stand a chance.

The romance stuff though was terrible imo. First,

having yen be the love of Geralt’s life after hooking me in to Triss for 2 games just felt wrong. Yen was Geralt’s choice but mine was triss so it made me feel even more disconnected from Geralt.

Second, the way it played out felt like when I was in grade school and a girl would send me a letter that read ‘ do you like me? Check yes or no. It felt very amateurish compared to some of the really good side quests in the game.

As for geralt turning in to a wuss, I’ll cut them some slack on that I’ve seen some pretty macho guys turn to mush when their in love.:)

As for what I’m playing, nothing unfortunately. Too busy. Going to grab EA premier soon though. A number of games I want to play on there. Madden, the surge, ME andromeda, battlefield 5, tyranny and a few other I don’t remember right now.

The romance stuff though was terrible imo. First,

having yen be the love of Geralt’s life after hooking me in to Triss for 2 games just felt wrong. Yen was Geralt’s choice but mine was triss so it made me feel even more disconnected from Geralt.

Second, the way it played out felt like when I was in grade school and a girl would send me a letter that read ‘ do you like me? Check yes or no. It felt very amateurish compared to some of the really good side quests in the game.

As for geralt turning in to a wuss, I’ll cut them some slack on that I’ve seen some pretty macho guys turn to mush when their in love.:)
Yes but the scene where you……

Tell Yen you don't love her anymore was priceless.

Cant believe I'm using spoilers for a three year old game.:S

Still meandering my way through Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Second chapter. I just got past the Divine Penguin fight, which for me serves as a serious gut-check, not sure when I'll get back to the game but looking forward to starting the next chapter soon.

As for geralt turning in to a wuss, I’ll cut them some slack on that I’ve seen some pretty macho guys turn to mush when their in love.

Oh, definitely - it's not unrealistic. But let's just say Geralt's approach to Yen is not who I am - or a character I want to be :)

There's a reason my relationships don't last ;)

Oh, definitely - it's not unrealistic. But let's just say Geralt's approach to Yen is not who I am - or a character I want to be :)

There's a reason my relationships don't last ;)

The drawbacks of premade characters.

I struggled with that the entire series and especially the 3rd game.

I felt like the game was really pushing that geralt should be with yen but that wasn’t what I wanted so it created another disconnect.

I was playing some Bioshock Infinite… but don't think I'm really in the mood for it. It feels like it's going to be a fairly linear game - am I completely off on this?

The graphics are also pretty horrible for an FPS only released a couple years ago! Don't typically pay attention to them, but the game bores me enough to make my mind wander and latch on to 5 polygon window flower boxes.

Just shed a few tears at one of the most touching reunions in gaming history :)

Which one is that? I don't remember a reunion after the great battle in W3, which I believe you've already mentioned. Make sure to use spoiler tags. :D

Damn, I'm starting to get a W3 itch.

One of the two DLC is really really good. Mostly just a story but a good story :)

I was playing some Bioshock Infinite… but don't think I'm really in the mood for it. It feels like it's going to be a fairly linear game - am I completely off on this?

The graphics are also pretty horrible for an FPS only released a couple years ago! Don't typically pay attention to them, but the game bores me enough to make my mind wander and latch on to 5 polygon window flower boxes.

Which one is that? I don't remember a reunion after the great battle in W3, which I believe you've already mentioned. Make sure to use spoiler tags. :D

Damn, I'm starting to get a W3 itch.

It's the one where Geralt finds Ciri and thinks she died. Just before the big battle thingy which I'm just about to do, I think.

It's the one where Geralt finds Ciri and thinks she died. Just before the big battle thingy which I'm just about to do, I think.

Oh, I thought you were already over that scene. Yeah, the Isle of Mists is one of the most beautiful scenes. The way they handled finding Ciri was very smart. If I remember correctly they make you drop your guard by first spending time talking with the dwarves, finding them and all that, and then you talk with them, and they just mention that, oh yeah, there's a dead girl in there. Geralt also has a very believable reaction to finding her. The music is also perfectly in sync with the emotions Geralt is feeling. And then I think they finish off with a flashback to a scene from the books, where Geralts finds her in the elven forest as a child (or at least I think that's what the scene is from). Very nice.

Oh, I thought you were already over that scene. Yeah, the Isle of Mists is one of the most beautiful scenes. The way they handled finding Ciri was very smart. If I remember correctly they make you drop your guard by first spending time talking with the dwarves, finding them and all that, and then you talk with them, and they just mention that, oh yeah, there's a dead girl in there. Geralt also has a very believable reaction to finding her. The music is also perfectly in sync with the emotions Geralt is feeling. And then I think they finish off with a flashback to a scene from the books, where Geralts finds her in the elven forest as a child (or at least I think that's what the scene is from). Very nice.
Sounds like snow-white to me...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's not completely linear, but it's not totally open either. However, it's not a game you're playing for the exploration anyways.

I don't remember the graphics being particularly bad. The U3 engine was starting to show its age by then, but I thought the art direction was pretty good even if I preferred Bioshock 1&2 in that department.

It's worth playing though imo.. especially if you played and enjoyed Bioshock.

Back
Top Bottom