General News - Alien Blackout Revealed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Polygon The Alien Blackout game has been revealed for the first time and is a mobile game.

A new Alien game is coming to mobile. Survival horror game Alien: Blackout will star Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley and the protagonist of 2014's Alien: Isolation, when it comes to Android and iOS devices on Jan. 24.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

lol... At least the video ratings are what they should be.

That's the end of that franchise, I guess. Sent off to pasture on mobile devices, what a cruel fate. I guess the others did terrible sales for computers or something to warrant such a nasty demise.

Fuuuuuck…!

Talk about excitement turning into disappointment as I reached the end of that sentence. :(
But you have a phone. :p

Last edited:
Didn’t we get a pretty good PC game recently? Did it sell well? Who cares if there is a mobile game for the franchise

Alien: Isolation did ok I thought?
"As of March 2015, the game has sold over 2.1 million copies in Europe and the US."
I don't know what's considered bad sales for a AAA game though.
5-10 million sales is considered a hit by AAA standards.
Although Sega admitted that the sales of the game were weak & Creative Assembly originally considered the possibility of developing a sequel.

Later, it was revealed that most of the Alien: Isolation design team no longer worked at Creative Assembly, and that company was working on a new IP.
It's the curse of below expectations.

If Alien Isolation didn’t do well then the license is probably done anyway because I believe the game was pretty well received. If nobody is buying then phone games is all we are going to see

Keyword being those who played it. Sega already admitted sales were weak. Which is probably why this is a mobile game, and a new comic sequel was released instead.
In September 2018, a comic book sequel to Alien: Isolation Aliens: Resistance was confirmed. The first volume is set to be released in January 2019.

The same month, a survival horror sequel entitled Alien: Blackout, was announced for mobile devices and is set to release on 24 January 2019.

Last edited:
Check out the article below about Isolation having insufficient sales numbers. I remembered this being posted on Blues News. I never really expected a sequel to come after seeing this.

Sega laments "weak" game sales even as hard numbers rise
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...nts-weak-game-sales-even-as-hard-numbers-rise

Such an awesome game though. Certainly the best in the franchise. Creative Assembly really went all out on it.

I am somewhat looking forward to trying Blackout though. I'm curious about what that little developer has put together. They obviously tried to throw in some vibes from Isolation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom