Dragon Age: Inquisition - Editorial @ Unigamesity

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Unigamesity has a article for Dragon Age: Inquisition that talks about romancable NPC's.

Dragon Age Inquisition will most likely come out before the end of the year but unfortunately, there are still many things to be unveiled, including the full companion list and the romance options. So far, BioWare has announced Varric and Cassandra’s return and unveiled a new female companion, Vivienne. Will they be potential romance options or will they be part of the friendship-only group? It’s a tough question but it can be easily predicted based on previous tendencies. In the last two games, parties always had eight members and four romance options, which most likely mean Inquisition will follow this trend.
More information.

Now Keep this thread civil as I can see the reply's already. Romanceable companions are a staple of all Bioware games, and it's not going away.

Whether you like it or not.:cool:

I like romances when they're done well. Sadly, they rarely are. Maybe game writers should read some Shakespeare or something. Don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for a "Shakespeare meets Lord of the Rings" kind of story in RPGs, but at least the man could write meaningful romances.

I like romances in the games, it adds another layer and immersion.
In mass effect i think several of those i played (the female ones) were enjoyable.
If it´s done well, it gives more flesh to a NPC. The best ones are those where you have a development of the npc over the course of the game.

I still remember parts of Liaras romance and Talis end words "I want more time!"
Bioware have had it in most games I have played, replaying BG2EE now with jaheira in the team.
Even if it is rather convoluted, I´d like to see more romances done like Jaheiras. She is an equal, not someone to "save", more mature (no, not in the pr0n way mind you)

(which reminds me that I do not have that high hopes for what beamdog can accomplish in the future…)

C

But we love ourselves some pixelated romances! :kiss:

Actually I kind of like them the more pixelated and less graphical they are. Text can convey a range of emotions, rationale and actions that clunky 3d models in stone underpants just destroys.

Text can convey a range of emotions, rationale and actions that clunky 3d models in stone underpants just destroys.
If stone underpants are your problem, maybe you should try some of the lingerie mods? :biggrin:

It's a bit sad that there's only 3 known companions of DA:I and people are already trying to predict who's going to be romanceable... Personally, I would rather not know so it comes as a surprise (a pleasant surprise, I hope). Besides, I have no interest at the moment since romance in DA2 was like WTF. Also, those 3 known companions, 2 of them are female and I have 0 interest in Varric :biggrin:

It's a bit sad that there's only 3 known companions of DA:I and people are already trying to predict who's going to be romanceable…

It sadder that people are already trying to predict who is romanceable in the speculated companions...

It sadder that people are already trying to predict who is romanceable in the speculated companions…
Welcome to the modern day Bioware fan. Just go to the forums for more examples.^^
Hopefully we can turn off the next Anders WTF? romance option…
I actually liked him in Dragon Age: Origins Awakening, but Bioware went and destroyed his character in the sequel.

So allow me to say so long Anders as I killed you for starting a civil war. May your soul rest in peace. Now I wonder where Ser Pounce-a-lot went to?:salute:

I don't like or really dislike romance in games if it's there and I feel like it I will pursue it, if I don't I won't.

Never understood the uproar for or against romance in games.

Back
Top Bottom