Shadowrun Returns - Jordan Weisman Answers

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Jordan Weisman answers questions about the Shadowrun games, Battletech and other stuff at Wiselike.

Re: Shadowrun - Have you ever thought about creating modules/stories based around the early days of the Awakening?

Yes we have explored this setting because I think it is a really interesting transition point. It would also be a good place to set filmed entertainment because you wouldn't need to create as many sci-fi sets etc.

What are your thoughts on people thinking early SR was too complicated?

I have always said the Shadowrun was a game played in-spite of the game system :) The first version(s) of the game were a little to fiddly, but players reacted so strongly to the game's setting and characters that they either put up with it or made their own games in the setting. Over the years I think the game system has gotten cleaned up.

In working on Shadowrun Returns for the PC and tablets it allowed us to focus on making the game systems more accessible and bringing the story and characters to the forefront.
Thanks Eye.

More information.

Still have the 1st Ed rulebook. The concept was indeed enough of a hook for me. Cyberpunk grabbed my interest first but it was a bit dry and I think my friends and I weren't mature enough to be able to really do it justice. SR was more fantastic and we found it easier to jump into. Greater variation in the type of characters you could create helped I think.

-kaos

he dodged the question of consolization... I'd really like more deep RPG's to play in local co-op like D:OS so boldly did.

What are your thoughts on people thinking early SR was too complicated?

Pray tell, find me someone who actually thought this.

Back
Top Bottom